2021 Model year now on configurator

All your ordering information here!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I was looking back to see how long my current Macan SD took from Leipzig to the OPC to give me an idea of delivery times. By coincidence, the SD was completed on 8 July 2015 exactly five years before my GTS. It arrived at the OPC nine days later (17/7/2015). Clearly history is not repeating itself but then nine days was a pretty quick delivery.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Delivery times from the factory vary by large amounts. In particular, cars can sit at Emden for weeks while ships (not ‘boats’ by the way :lol: ) come and go. The port is huge and there will typically be thousands of cars from different manufacturers waiting to ship. This is the main reason OPCs are unable to give an accurate date of arrival at the dealership. Hopefully though yours and cc3’s will be at the front of the queue!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:31 pm Delivery times from the factory vary by large amounts. In particular, cars can sit at Emden for weeks while ships (not ‘boats’ by the way :lol: ) come and go. The port is huge and there will typically be thousands of cars from different manufacturers waiting to ship. This is the main reason OPCs are unable to give an accurate date of arrival at the dealership. Hopefully though yours and cc3’s will be at the front of the queue!
In 2018 my wife's new Tiguan sat on the dockside at Emden for over four weeks so I know of the problem. Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen to my GTS.

PS. Sorry about the boat thing, must be getting senile :oops:
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel