2nd GTS now ordered!

All your ordering information here!
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

PaulR wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:54 pm The exhaust in the facelifted GTS still (surprisingly) sounds quite good. Due to the particulate filter and latest regulations, I expected a dramatic difference versus the original model. Yes, it's quieter but not massively.

Overall I do prefer my previous GTS to drive. It was simply much more fun. The facelifted model is far too clinical. It's no doubt technically better, but it's less engaging than the last one - and I always seem to find myself going faster than I should be. Perhaps (arguably) the refreshed model is better on German autobahns, but it's definitely not better on the twisty Scottish roads.

An annoying feature is that the engine braking is next to non-existent on the refreshed model (and that's with coasting switched off). The car seems to "run away" and therefore require a lot more use of the brake pedal. In the older model, I could use engine braking to help slow it down.

In summary, I prefer my last car to drive, but prefer my new car to look at!
Have to disagree here on the clinical and on the Scottish twisty roads I drive this is a hoot I find myself taking the GTS over the Cayman when looking for a spirted drive, I never thought that would happen.

Engine breaking not an issue for me as I use paddle down shifts and love the pops when doing so. I so find myself using downshifts much more on the Macan than on the Cayman, which I think is maybe down to the extra weight.

I do agree that its far too easy to go faster than you think, I have both speed activations set and they trigger much sooner than I expect.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

kmacuk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:31 pm Have to disagree here on the clinical and on the Scottish twisty roads I drive this is a hoot I find myself taking the GTS over the Cayman when looking for a spirted drive, I never thought that would happen.
Have you driven the original Macan GTS?
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

I have not driven the gen 1 so fair point; I didn’t take it that way first time of reading but re-reading your correct I can’t compare. My comment is therefore my thoughts, as a 1st time Gen 2 GTS owner that I find it a great car the excels when driven on twisty roads 😊
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)