Macan GTS

All your ordering information here!
Harris S

Post by Harris S »

First of all I would like to say hello to all of you guys from Cyprus. I'm new to this forum but not a stranger to the Porsche world. Own a 996 turbo for the last 11 years.

The time has come for me to add an SUV to my stable and after much thought I have decided to pull the trigger on a Macan GTS!

The forum has proved valuable with regards to options but I'm finding it really difficult in finalizing my build.

The code below is my current build:

PMWTWNE9

Still torn between Night Blue Metallic and Volcano Grey.

I'm also contemplating between the 8 and the 18 way seats. Maybe the 18s are overkill. Cyprus is pretty small and will never drive too many hours, so might not need the comfort of the 18s.

In my 1st build when I went to the dealer I had ticked Auxiliary heating. Decided to remove this due to big cost and fact that winters are pretty mild here. Any thoughts from anyone who has this option? Is it worth it?

Additionally I'm contemplating whether or not to add the automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors. Could any members who have this shed some light please?

Finally, what are your thoughts on the BOSE sound system. How does the standard sound system compare to this? I'm finding the price tag on the BOSE a bit hard to swallow.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Harris
On order: Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMSM9851

Current: Porsche 996 Turbo, Yamaha MT09-SP, Aprilia Mana 850

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I've never been to Cyprus so I don't know what the roads are like or the traffic levels. My comments are based on assumptions and a net search for average temperatures.

I could be proved wrong but I don't think auxiliary heating is available on the Macan in the UK, whereas it is on the Cayenne. Given the absence of sub-zero winter temperatures in Cyprus, I wouldn't consider it worth it.

You obviously prefer dark colours. Assuming there is a lot of sun in Cyprus have you considered a lighter colour which would reduce the solar gain inside the car. If you stick with your colour choice, in my opinion specifying black door handles is unnecessary as there would not be much colour contrast.

Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors are great at reducing dazzle from following drivers. They also mean that when a driver you have just overtaken "flashes" you because he thinks the Macan's LED headlights are too bright you hardly notice it :lol:

A lot of users of this forum think the Bose sound system is a must have option. I think the standard system is pretty good. It all depends on what you intend to listen to while you're driving.

Specifying the Macan is half the fun, enjoy.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Harris S

Post by Harris S »

On-Track wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:05 pm Hello and welcome to the forum.

I've never been to Cyprus so I don't know what the roads are like or the traffic levels. My comments are based on assumptions and a net search for average temperatures.

I could be proved wrong but I don't think auxiliary heating is available on the Macan in the UK, whereas it is on the Cayenne. Given the absence of sub-zero winter temperatures in Cyprus, I wouldn't consider it worth it.

You obviously prefer dark colours. Assuming there is a lot of sun in Cyprus have you considered a lighter colour which would reduce the solar gain inside the car. If you stick with your colour choice, in my opinion specifying black door handles is unnecessary as there would not be much colour contrast.

Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors are great at reducing dazzle from following drivers. They also mean that when a driver you have just overtaken "flashes" you because he thinks the Macan's LED headlights are too bright you hardly notice it :lol:

A lot of users of this forum think the Bose sound system is a must have option. I think the standard system is pretty good. It all depends on what you intend to listen to while you're driving.

Thanks for the welcome and your time to respond to my queries.

Auxiliary heating in indeed an option we have here for the Macan GTS. Yes the absence or let's say rare sub-zero temps is what's making me rethink this.

Yes I prefer the darker colours which is a disadvantage here. My 3rd colour choice is Saphire Blue which would be fine.

I'm really wondering about the Bose as mentioned in my post. My best tune I like to listen to is the exhaust tune ahaha

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Harris S wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:26 pm
On-Track wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:05 pm Hello and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome and your time to respond to my queries.

Auxiliary heating in indeed an option we have here for the Macan GTS. Yes the absence or let's say rare sub-zero temps is what's making me rethink this.

Yes I prefer the darker colours which is a disadvantage here. My 3rd colour choice is Sapphire Blue which would be fine.

I'm really wondering about the Bose as mentioned in my post. My best tune I like to listen to is the exhaust tune ahaha
A very warm welcome, especially in Cyprus' summer heat 8-)

I doubt that you will need the Auxiliary Heater unless you live and commute from and to this mountain area

Capture.PNG

As the Macan is a high rider you do not need the self-dipping mirrors. :idea: I've never had any problems at night with dazzle in over 3 years with Macans.

If you are into your music, then one of the two enhanced audio options is for you. Personally I think the standard fitment is fine and you can adjust the bass, treble and fader balance to your liking.

As to seats the standard 8-way on the GTS has more side bolstering than on the S. Also you get Race Tex [it's Alcantara on early 2020 ones] which is cooler in summer and warmer in winter than leather. Or you can get the ventilated leather ones if your summer heat is a problem.

Sapphire blue in Cyprus' bright sunshine will really pop compared to your other two colours which will also show the dust more.

Have fun and enjoy your personal eventual spec. :D ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Harris S

Post by Harris S »

Hi Steve thanks for the response. It is indeed hot here at the moment ;)

I think I will skip the auxiliary heating. Perhaps I ticked this option from excitement. Doesn't really make sense now that I've thought about it.

The real issue right now will be the 18 way seats and the Bose. Can't really make up my mind.

kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Hi and welcome. I have visited Cyprus on several occasions and those long coast roads will be an excellent match for your GTS :)

Few comments based on my GTS: Sapphire would look excellent in the Cyprus sun, failing that for me Midnight blue rather than Volcano, which I initially wanted to go with - colour is very personal however.

Aux heating not required then maybe GT heated wheel also not needed (cooled would be good if an option)

Never really knew what the ioniser did and colour keys and pouch very expensive compared to fitting yourself for €20. Maybe think about the collapsible spate wheel too, which ic often forgotten.

8-way seats I was advised when buying are a GTS thing that is best left without upgrade, 18 way gives the seat memory and steering wheel electrical adjustment. I am very happy with the 8 way + seat memory. The 18 and 8-way seats are physically the same, just less adjustment, fine for me.

As others have said the base system is pretty good and when I compared to Bose decided it was not worth it, particularly if you like to hear the PSE :)

I put a relatively low spec onto my car and I so far I don’t miss not adding anything - I did not want air suspension on GTS, however I do think the lower suspension would look better to lower the stance further, handing on this car is completely amazing, the faster you drive the smaller and more agile the car feels

Sport design mirrors in exterior colour and side blades are a great choice, however do look to get PPF coating would be my recommendation - at time of delivery if possible.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

My GTS Macan, all be it the 2016 version had the standard sound system. I am a bit of an audiophile at home but never felt short changed at all. My current Cayenne has Bose, just part of the spec the showroom car I bought had, and to tell the truth I'm not blown away with it.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Harris S

Post by Harris S »

kmacuk wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:53 pm Hi and welcome. I have visited Cyprus on several occasions and those long coast roads will be an excellent match for your GTS :)

Few comments based on my GTS: Sapphire would look excellent in the Cyprus sun, failing that for me Midnight blue rather than Volcano, which I initially wanted to go with - colour is very personal however.

Aux heating not required then maybe GT heated wheel also not needed (cooled would be good if an option)

Never really knew what the ioniser did and colour keys and pouch very expensive compared to fitting yourself for €20. Maybe think about the collapsible spate wheel too, which ic often forgotten.

8-way seats I was advised when buying are a GTS thing that is best left without upgrade, 18 way gives the seat memory and steering wheel electrical adjustment. I am very happy with the 8 way + seat memory. The 18 and 8-way seats are physically the same, just less adjustment, fine for me.

As others have said the base system is pretty good and when I compared to Bose decided it was not worth it, particularly if you like to hear the PSE :)

I put a relatively low spec onto my car and I so far I don’t miss not adding anything - I did not want air suspension on GTS, however I do think the lower suspension would look better to lower the stance further, handing on this car is completely amazing, the faster you drive the smaller and more agile the car feels

Sport design mirrors in exterior colour and side blades are a great choice, however do look to get PPF coating would be my recommendation - at time of delivery if possible.
Cheers for the welcome.

I'm glad I joined this forum before putting in my order. I'm aware you can change the spec even after placing the order and up to the point where the car goes into production , but I will feel more comfortable knowing I got everything as I wanted right from the start.

Auxiliary heating will go since everyone seems to agree with this.

Can you please clarify what you meant you can get the colour keys for €20?? Can you get the normal key coloured or did you just mean the pouch?

At the moment I'm leaning towards skipping on the Bose. In my 996 turbo I find myself turning the radio down, just to enjoy the exhaust, when going on drives.

PPF and maybe a ceramic coating do sound like a good idea to protect the paint.

Harris S

Post by Harris S »

Rab J wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:31 pm My GTS Macan, all be it the 2016 version had the standard sound system. I am a bit of an audiophile at home but never felt short changed at all. My current Cayenne has Bose, just part of the spec the showroom car I bought had, and to tell the truth I'm not blown away with it.
Thanks for the response.

Good to hear someone's opinion who has experience with both.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Available on Amazon in various colours:

Capture.PNG

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver