Macan GTS

All your ordering information here!
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Standard 8 way GTS seats are just fine and exactly the same seat as the 18 ways. Do you really need another 10 ways of adjustment to get comfortable is the question, I didn’t. Standard audio is just fine.

And for some bright sunshine go for Sapphire for sure. Looks fantastic in the sun and will be easier to look after than the darker colours that will show swirls and dust much more.

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Hi Harris,
Nice looking car, if you like the dark colours Volcano is definitely the best choice over black. Just a few items for you to consider.
I would remove the following:
Black handles) They don’t really stand out against Volcano
Seat heating F&R) It comes with front heating as standard and with your climate?
Ioniser) Unless you have some heavily congested traffic or high pollen area the clean Cyprus air doesn’t need it
Surround view v rear camera) A personal choice and depends if you have a lot of tight areas/obstacles to negotiate
Entry and drive) it is often a potential easy area for thieves to decode, big issue with some car producers.

I agree with others comments on 18 way seats and BOSE, I had both on mine (14 way) but only ever occasionally played a radio station and the full seat movement was never required, would definitely include the memory option though. Painted keys, logo on consul and Porche logo on courtesy? all personal choice.

One item you are missing is either a spare wheel or sealing as they don’t come as standard and a final item, as it is customary for members to try and spend OP’s cash! Take a look at a RaceTex roof lining goes great alongside the RaceTex interior option.👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Harris S

Post by Harris S »

MCDK wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:14 am Standard 8 way GTS seats are just fine and exactly the same seat as the 18 ways. Do you really need another 10 ways of adjustment to get comfortable is the question, I didn’t. Standard audio is just fine.

And for some bright sunshine go for Sapphire for sure. Looks fantastic in the sun and will be easier to look after than the darker colours that will show swirls and dust much more.
Thank you for your insight.

I believe I will be "suffering" with colour choice until the specs are locked by the dealer.
On order: Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMSM9851

Current: Porsche 996 Turbo, Yamaha MT09-SP, Aprilia Mana 850
Harris S

Post by Harris S »

MikeM wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 am Hi Harris,
Nice looking car, if you like the dark colours Volcano is definitely the best choice over black. Just a few items for you to consider.
I would remove the following:
Black handles) They don’t really stand out against Volcano
Seat heating F&R) It comes with front heating as standard and with your climate?
Ioniser) Unless you have some heavily congested traffic or high pollen area the clean Cyprus air doesn’t need it
Surround view v rear camera) A personal choice and depends if you have a lot of tight areas/obstacles to negotiate
Entry and drive) it is often a potential easy area for thieves to decode, big issue with some car producers.

I agree with others comments on 18 way seats and BOSE, I had both on mine (14 way) but only ever occasionally played a radio station and the full seat movement was never required, would definitely include the memory option though. Painted keys, logo on consul and Porche logo on courtesy? all personal choice.

One item you are missing is either a spare wheel or sealing as they don’t come as standard and a final item, as it is customary for members to try and spend OP’s cash! Take a look at a RaceTex roof lining goes great alongside the RaceTex interior option.👍
Thank you Mike for your thoughts.

I haven't really thought of Entry and drive as a hazard. We have really low crime rate and car theft is extremely rare. I don't see this being a problem.

I have seen in CY Porsche website that tyre sealant and compressor are standard. I will clarify this with the dealer when I drop in on Thursday.

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Harris S wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:23 am
I have seen in CY Porsche website that tyre sealant and compressor are standard. I will clarify this with the dealer when I drop in on Thursday.
You do need to double check that. On the UK site, it is a £42 extra for the GTS but still standard on other versions.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pmg

Post by pmg »

On-Track wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:50 am
You do need to double check that. On the UK site, it is a £42 extra for the GTS but still standard on other versions.
I think you will find "AirMan ResQ Emergency Tyre Repair Kit, " which on Amazon in the UK is currently £29.85 is the kit inc compressor Porsche/VW etc supply

On Macan debating options there's always the Nick Murray Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfspLq3Z0sk
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Have the issues with entry and drive now not been resolved? Not sure about Porsche but know other manufacturers have that the key closes down after not being near the car for a short time. That means it’s not transmitting when hanging at home.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

pmg wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:19 pm
On-Track wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:50 am
I think you will find "AirMan ResQ Emergency Tyre Repair Kit, " which on Amazon in the UK is currently £29.85 is the kit inc compressor Porsche/VW etc supply

On Macan debating options there's always the Nick Murray Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfspLq3Z0sk
Please note that you need this one for "up to 21" rims [they do an up to 17" version too]:

Specifications
450ml Sealant
Suitable For all makes and models with wheels upto 21" rim
Seals punctures on the tyre tread upto 6mm
Water-based, non-toxic, biodegradable and non-corrosive sealant formula.
Easily rinses out of the tyre to allow for full repair
TPMS safe
Will not damage rim or tyre
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Just double checked my GTS. It came with the compressor, but no sealant. You can buy that separately on Amazon [other merchants are available]

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Harris S

Post by Harris S »

Hi guys visited the dealer today and placed my order!!!

I confirmed that tyre sealant and compressor come as standard here with the GTS.

Now comes the hardest part. The wait!!