Turbo sold GTS ordered

All your ordering information here!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

After fifty one months and 36000 “Smiles” no not a typo, the best all round car I have ever owned has gone. It was the first then new Volcano painted Macan through my OPC and the spec for me, thanks to following advice on this forum in 2015 was spot on. Although there were a few standard items I didn’t really fully use or appreciate and the addition of sports chrono? Well it’s an item that’s expected yes 🧐 So what next, tried the new set up Turbo, so many things unchanged, and I just couldn’t learn to accept the primary difference, found it quick but a bit antiseptic by comparison 😷. Too long to wait for next generation to come along and my wife reminded me that my body clock was ticking 😳 Tried a GTS, certainly quick enough for me with my travel half what it has been and some variants with spec choices, like it. So order and spec In with a vehicle allocated to me for September build, went for a contrast to previous spec choices, although have plenty of time if any member can influence me. My code is www.porsche-code.com/PMS9FT92

A few interesting points, my trade in price was £7,600 more than WBAC and the depreciation from new worked out at £666 per month. 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Pretty good spec, lot of similar options to me plus a few more.

I missed adding PDSL+ lights so might be worth considering that option. Gloss black handles are prone to scratches so if doing PPF you might want to get them coated.

Not sure on your location but heated screen was high on my list.

GT wheel is a favourite option for me and I think the GTS should have sport design mirrors by default, also a great choice.

" bit antiseptic by comparison"

Interested in the above comment - is this down to the PSE and did you manage to test drive a 2020 GTS or a Gen 1?
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
Paul

Post by Paul »

👍👍

Not dissimilar (spec-wise) to my departed GTS.....enjoy the wait....😁
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great looking spec :D :D :D

I'm not a great fan of WBAC
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

kmacuk wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:48 am I missed adding PDSL+ lights so might be worth considering that option. G
I'm sure that there's no right answer here but the GTS comes with PDLS as standard. The only extras coming with plus are automatic dipping and an input from the Sat Nav into the Cornering Light function. Personally, I prefer to decide when/if main beam is appropriate rather than leaving it to the car.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Harris S

Post by Harris S »

Congrats! Nice build.

Just ordered the GTS myself yesterday. Already dreaming of taking delivery.
On order: Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMSM9851

Current: Porsche 996 Turbo, Yamaha MT09-SP, Aprilia Mana 850
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

kmacuk wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:48 am Pretty good spec, lot of similar options to me plus a few more.

I missed adding PDSL+ lights so might be worth considering that option. Gloss black handles are prone to scratches so if doing PPF you might want to get them coated.

Not sure on your location but heated screen was high on my list.

GT wheel is a favourite option for me and I think the GTS should have sport design mirrors by default, also a great choice.

" bit antiseptic by comparison"

Interested in the above comment - is this down to the PSE and did you manage to test drive a 2020 GTS or a Gen 1?
Thanks for the feedback, I tried both the 2020 Turbo and GTS and didn’t actually feel that either had the soul of the 3.6 Turbo, with a guttural thump as you went up through the gears and a heavier bass exhaust tone, plus I’d rather have the cc’s over a creatively tuned smaller lump thats also having to deal with a sound dampening GPF. In saying that the performance of both were excellent but the GTS felt a little more engaging both with air and GTS on 20” Turbo on 21”. Both great cars but guess this is what they call progress, next step no noise at all 🤐
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

I have done 2300 miles now and the PSE enabled does increase in volume and adds some depth to the sound, not deep rumble but nice and it has improved quote bit as the miles went on; I am sure your 3.6 has had plenty of time to mature, but also confident that it would sound better without the GPF, as it does change things and not for the better.

Looking at the boost on the GTS vs our single turbo Cayman I can see the benefit of the twin turbo as it gets on boots quickly and around 4.5k revs you max out at 12psi, our Cayman goes to 20psi and I assume this is where the extra power is in the Turbo; I find I rarely exceed 5k where its on full boost, the torque and power band is excellent and keeping it there is easy enough. I am very impressed with the power output and performance.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
Tim H

Post by Tim H »

@MikeM
Did the dealer indicate how many build slots they had available?
I ordered an 'S' over 3 weeks ago and still do not have a build slot/date. Dealer also showed me a list of 5 people waiting on a 'GTS' slot. (and told me delivery for the 'GTS' would be 2021
Current: MY23 Macan S (Gentian Blue)
Previous: MY21 Macan S (Sapphire Blue)
adam b

Post by adam b »

nice spec esp the interior. I would want the extra leather and crayon stitching on the door tops to match - its a surface you look at regularly

(not a fan of black wheels in v light cars but that's personal, better with at least a silver rim like the black SC)
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)