Macan factory lead times

All your ordering information here!
JasGill

Post by JasGill »

Hi
My Macan GTS which was ordered in June and supposed to have been delivered early September arrived on October 19th, therefore, a delay of approximately six weeks.

stallturn

Post by stallturn »

What reason was given for your 6 week delay?
pmg

Post by pmg »

stallturn wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:41 pm What reason was given for your 6 week delay?
Previous purchasers have reported substantial variation in completion at the Leipzig factory to arrival at dealer time with the main variations being due to length of time sitting at Emden before being put on a boat. A six week stay at Emden in extremist has been known!!
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
JasGill

Post by JasGill »

stallturn wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:41 pm What reason was given for your 6 week delay?
I wasn't really given any substantial reason and to be honest I wasn't that bothered so didn't push it. I assume that it was down to factory closures and, maybe, supply chain issues.
jonnoj

Post by jonnoj »

I ordered on 25th September and now have a build date of mid November.
My concern is if there’s no Brexit deal and delivery moves to January you’re talking an extra 10% at least I believe.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Mid November is surely a bit tight to get over here by end of Dec. Having said that build dates can often move forward.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Car is finally built! (ordered back in June)
Dealer emailed to say that it is sat in the compound at Leipzig.
How long does it typically take to get to the dealership?
Current: MY23 Macan S (Gentian Blue)
Previous: MY21 Macan S (Sapphire Blue)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Tim H wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:46 am Car is finally built! (ordered back in June)
Dealer emailed to say that it is sat in the compound at Leipzig.
How long does it typically take to get to the dealership?
In normal times, four weeks is average (for me, build completion was 3 July 2020, collection from OPC was 5 August). Seven years ago, my Cayenne took only two weeks but today's world is far from normal.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
kevvyb

Post by kevvyb »

Hi Guys,

To give you an update on my order.

I ordered my Macan GTS on 05/10/2020 and I have just received a call from my dealer saying the car is at the port waiting for a ship. I should have the car first week of December. It was scheduled to be at the dealership on the 24/12/2020 which was pretty tight for the Brexit deadline. So all in all a lot quicker than I expected. I cannot wait now!

Good luck & all the best

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM1ALFC4
MaCantabrigian

Post by MaCantabrigian »

kevvyb wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:23 pm Hi Guys,

To give you an update on my order.

I ordered my Macan GTS on 05/10/2020 and I have just received a call from my dealer saying the car is at the port waiting for a ship. I should have the car first week of December. It was scheduled to be at the dealership on the 24/12/2020 which was pretty tight for the Brexit deadline. So all in all a lot quicker than I expected. I cannot wait now!

Good luck & all the best

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM1ALFC4
Lucky you, that sounds fast!

I heard from my dealer today saying my GTS had just finished production (having gone into production exactly 3 weeks ago) and that they expect it around Christmas. Sounds like a long time to me, hoping they’re just saying that to manage expectations, but who knows.