Likes?

Forum suggestions, help and advice
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Hi guys/girls

Can we update the website to include "likes" on posts please? Saves lots of users quoting the post and gives a good indication as to what members are thinking??

Ta

MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

PS I dont do social media rubbish.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

MacanSman wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:23 pm Hi guys/girls

Can we update the website to include "likes" on posts please? Saves lots of users quoting the post and gives a good indication as to what members are thinking??

Ta
Doesn't quoting and replying give a good indication as to what members are thinking?

I've never really got the "like" thing.

Don't do social media either.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:29 pm

Ta
Doesn't quoting and replying give a good indication as to what members are thinking?

👍 like
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Ta

No - Because if there is an option to like, you can "like" but not reply - Not everyone wants to reply or comment on every post do they BUT they make "like"/ agree what the member has stated or responded!!!! Why would I want to reply and quote a post that i just agreed with and liked? Doesn't make sense to me but they may want to "like" a comment or post..... And if they do and want to reply to a post, then happy comments!!
Deleted User 4436

Problem I have with likes is they aren’t always appropriate.
For instance on IG people have posted pictures of their damaged cars and you want to show how sad you feel
For them and ‘like” seems inappropriate, but not liking it also seems mean.

I posted a picture of one of my PRS Guitars ( brand new ) after an amp fell on it about a week after I bought it ( Core HBii Piezo if anyone is interested). It made me and others feel gutted, but the only option to react is to “like” it, which is not appropriate.
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

So dont like it then!! You can always "quote" and reply to the post saying gutted about your accident etc!!

If you don't like the post, don't like it!! Just reply!!

Sorry guys/girls for the rant
Last edited by MacanSman on Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

MacanSman wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:35 pm

Ta

No - Because if there is an option to like, you can "like" but not reply - Not everyone wants to reply or comment on every post do they BUT they make "like"/ agree what the member has stated or responded!!!! Why would I want to reply and quote a post that i just agreed with and liked? Doesn't make sense to me but they may want to "like" a comment or post..... And if they do and want to reply to a post, then happy comments!!
If you want to like but not reply, just nod your head at the screen and smile.

Simples.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:09 pm
MacanSman wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:35 pm

If you want to like but not reply, just nod your head at the screen and smile.

Simples.
Brilliant Rarecoluor!! Love it! We could just click the like and nod your head at the screen and smile and know people like whats said!

I nod in agreement now when I see a post, as you do!

Only a thought mate - not fussed but just airing my thoughts on the site.
Deleted User 4436

MacanSman wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:07 pm So dont like it then!! You can always "quote" and reply to the post saying gutted about your accident etc!!

If you don't like the post, don't like it!! Just reply!!!!!

Sorry guys/girls for the rant
This is more like the rest of the internet, lots of exclamation marks and a slight rant. Just expressing my opinion, not sure it deserved quite so many exclamation marks. Guess you wouldn’t have “liked” that post then. 😢