Likes?

Forum suggestions, help and advice
pmg

Post by pmg »

Some forums have "likes" or "appreciates", others do not. I suspect it depends on the base software chosen for the forum and that the base softaware for this one does not have that automatic facility
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Agree PMG - It was just a thought on the forum I had, being a new member. I don't want to upset or fall out with anyone on this forum or topic, it was just my thoughts.

I dont do facebook or anything.
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:27 pm
MacanSman wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:07 pm So dont like it then!! You can always "quote" and reply to the post saying gutted about your accident etc!!

If you don't like the post, don't like it!! Just reply!!!!!

Sorry guys/girls for the rant
This is more like the rest of the internet, lots of exclamation marks and a slight rant. Just expressing my opinion, not sure it deserved quite so many exclamation marks. Guess you wouldn’t have “liked” that post then. 😢

:D :lol: :lol:
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MacanSman wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:19 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:27 pm
MacanSman wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:07 pm So dont like it then!! You can always "quote" and reply to the post saying gutted about your accident etc!!

If you don't like the post, don't like it!! Just reply!!!!!

Sorry guys/girls for the rant
This is more like the rest of the internet, lots of exclamation marks and a slight rant. Just expressing my opinion, not sure it deserved quite so many exclamation marks. Guess you wouldn’t have “liked” that post then. 😢

:D :lol: :lol:
👍
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

MacanSman wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:43 pm Agree PMG - It was just a thought on the forum I had, being a new member. I don't want to upset or fall out with anyone on this forum or topic, it was just my thoughts.

I dont do facebook or anything.
From whst I've heard, Facebook book is all about "likes", think you may need to sign up and go nuts on the like button ;)
Detailing world also has the option, I've never used it though cause I think it's pointless.

Is it an age thing? MacanSman, are you younger than 40? Just trying to work out if it's cause of my age or im just a miserable sod.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Deleted User 4436

I’m officially hitting my mid fifties next month ( argh ) and I do the likes thing on IG ( got 350 followers on my IG account - not exactly Birtney Spears but not bad for being a relatively normal human being ). Never joined TwitFace though.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I don't see the need really - not sure I would care if somebody 'liked' my post or not!

I'm mid 40s - I stalk on Facebook and post random car shite (much like here) but don't get IG, although I do have an account, but am told the kids tag me in it sometimes or something like that !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

Tracky wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:52 am I don't see the need really - not sure I would care if somebody 'liked' my post or not!

I'm mid 40s - I stalk on Facebook and post random car shite (much like here) but don't get IG, although I do have an account, but am told the kids tag me in it sometimes or something like that !
I mainly use IG as a feeder for my website. If you’ve taken your cars to Goodwood have a look and see if you are on there. But mainly I use IG to keep in touch with friends and family, not all of whom are in the UK. I have made several good friends through IG too.
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:05 am
Tracky wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:52 am I don't see the need really - not sure I would care if somebody 'liked' my post or not!

I mainly use IG as a feeder for my website ( NeilJamesphotography.com ) - its not commercial, so I’m not advertising. If you’ve taken your cars to Goodwood have a look and see if you are on there. But mainly I use IG to keep in touch with friends and family, not all of whom are in the UK. I have made several good friends through IG too.
Nice one and that makes sense in that respect - I don't have/need that and I have a marketing department to baffle me with that stuff !! :lol:

Used to go to supercar Sunday a fair bit but it just got busier and busier

DSC00934.JPG

This was a long time ago and I was so amused that such a special car was as a common as muck down there that year !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

Tracky wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:23 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:05 am

I mainly use IG as a feeder for my website. If you’ve taken your cars to Goodwood have a look and see if you are on there. But mainly I use IG to keep in touch with friends and family, not all of whom are in the UK. I have made several good friends through IG too.
Nice one and that makes sense in that respect - I don't have/need that and I have a marketing department to baffle me with that stuff !! :lol:

Used to go to supercar Sunday a fair bit but it just got busier and busier

DSC00934.JPG

This was a long time ago and I was so amused that such a special car was as a common as muck down there that year !
I think the “busier and busier” thing is a general complaint i have about Goodwood. I’ve been a GRRC member for 20 years and its getting to the point now that all you can see is the backs of other peoples heads. That said, i do have my and my sons names on a brass plaque in Paddock 35, which is nice

Btw, had my Aston at Supercar Sunday a couple of times.