Forums Slow to Load

Forum suggestions, help and advice
Guy

Post by Guy »

Mine was also slow earlier but now appears to be fixed!

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Yep, fixed now. Don't adjust your sets :lol:

Actually it's super responsive now! I've noticed it's usually a bit on the slow side compared to most other sites. Whatever they did to speed it up, they should do more regularly!
Last edited by Deleted User 1874 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 1874

DiverNick wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:44 am Very slow this morning, I've just run a speed test on my connection, …..

Broadband Speed Test Results:

Download Speed (Mbps): 63.60

Upload Speed (Mbps) : 12.35

Ping Latency (ms): 20
My download speed is literally about 2 Mbps. However, most websites still load instantly, including this one now it's been fixed. I only notice the slow speed when streaming video or downloading software. Web browsing is all fine, usually limited by the server on the other end.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Yep, it's OK now.

My Ultrafast BT fibre broadband usually runs at about 8 or 9 megs. It's marketed as 'up to 52mbps'. The problem is the ancient piece of wet string that connects us to the cabinet, less than a mile away. Yesterday, after heavy rain, it was down to 0.1 megs! Good ol' BT!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 1874

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:41 am Yep, it's OK now.

My Ultrafast BT fibre broadband usually runs at about 8 or 9 megs. It's marketed as 'up to 52mbps'. The problem is the ancient piece of wet string that connects us to the cabinet, less than a mile away. Yesterday, after heavy rain, it was down to 0.1 megs! Good ol' BT!
Yeah, that's our problem too, although our piece of wet string is a fair bit longer, making fibre unfeasible at this point - even though it is available in the cabinet (over 2 miles away).
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

I ran a test on the train into work. Zone 2 Central London...between Clapham and Vauxhall...generated a download speed of 500k on O2. I'm not even kidding. Home broadband...lucky to get 5mbps. It hurts my brain to even think how crap that is.
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

Peteski wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:51 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:41 am Yep, it's OK now.

Yeah, that's our problem too, although our piece of wet string is a fair bit longer, making fibre unfeasible at this point - even though it is available in the cabinet (over 2 miles away).
As a man from BT once told me "you've got good copper", that plus when I got infinity it was done as an engineer install, with an upgraded master socket at no additional charge! :D
johnd

Post by johnd »

Bizarrely, my problem is almost the opposite - I'm too close to the exchange - it's just over my back fence! So though the exchange is fibre-enabled there is apparently no suitably close FTTC cabinet to which I can connect. So I'm limited to around 8Mbps, which is of course liveable and can stream HD TV, but nonetheless frustrating when the exchange is so close.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Paul

Post by Paul »

I thought it was just me...couldn't log on at all and was getting withdrawal symptoms!

But all OK now.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
pmg

Post by pmg »

johnd wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:01 pm Bizarrely, my problem is almost the opposite - I'm too close to the exchange - it's just over my back fence! So though the exchange is fibre-enabled there is apparently no suitably close FTTC cabinet to which I can connect. So I'm limited to around 8Mbps, which is of course liveable and can stream HD TV, but nonetheless frustrating when the exchange is so close.
An "exchange only line" with no cabinet, I have a school friend in a similar situation.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8