New Range Rover Velar vs Audi SQ5 vs Porsche Macan Turbo PP

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

The pictures of the SQ5 interior in the whatcar article make it look pretty terrible. When you see it in the flesh however, it’s a very high quality cabin. I had a good look around one at the Goodwood FOS and was pretty impressed with the interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Interesting review. Thanks for sharing Sac1 πŸ‘

Not a fan of putting them in order as it depends on what is being tested.
If it was the amount of time you will spend drinking coffee at the dealer the velar would probably have the gold medal. I am yet to find anyone who has not had problems with Range Rover Cars. Generally many problems. But they still go back for more πŸ™„

I had the choice between the Macan and SQ5 (as well as others we looked at) and the Macan GTS came on top for me and wife. Quality and drive is superior but Audi do have some great Tech and the interior is very nice indeed (except for the iPad on the dash) πŸ™„
Last edited by Kasfranks99 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTS πŸ˜€
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Kasfranks99 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:14 am (except for the iPad on the dash) πŸ™„
It's one of the biggest turn off for me regardless of make / model. One of the reasons I departed from being a serial Mercedes buyer. For example, the iPad on the C-class and GLC really spoil their dashes. Didn't want another E-class, but that does have a great dashboard, although the expensive widescreen one a bit of a gimmick IMO.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

SAC1 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:20 am
Kasfranks99 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:14 am (except for the iPad on the dash) πŸ™„
It's one of the biggest turn off for me regardless of make / model. One of the reasons I departed from being a serial Mercedes buyer. For example, the iPad on the C-class and GLC really spoil their dashes. Didn't want another E-class, but that does have a great dashboard, although the expensive widescreen one a bit of a gimmick IMO.
Yes my wife would not even get in the GLC because of the iPad on the dash. The E class is a lot better though. New E63S is a monster but Porsche is a much better experience overall imo.

The odd thing is the iPad on dash is actually in the right place for driving. None of this looking down fiddling with touch screens. It just needs to be integrated into the dash a lot better. A huge shame imo that they have not thought enough about the design.
GTS πŸ˜€
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

But its not Porsche

End of argument
GuyW

Post by GuyW »

The GTS is the direct competitor of these two. Maybe What Car weren't offered one?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Kasfranks99 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:14 am ...If it was the amount of time you will spend drinking coffee at the dealer the velar would probably have the gold medal. I am yet to find anyone who has not had problems with Range Rover Cars. Generally many problems. But they still go back for more πŸ™„

To be fair, Kas, I had an Evoque as a company car for 3 years (just the basic model) and don't recall any issues at all in those 36 months. However, rather than going back for more, I jumped ship to Porsche... :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018