Macan Accessories for Sale

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Hi Everyone

I have some Macan accessories for sale following the sale of my GTS. I only had the car about three months before I decided it wasn't for me so everything offered is 'as new'.

I'm travelling in the US and will be back in the UK at the end of the week if you would like me to take some photographs of the actual items but I assure you that they're in mint condition and as new.

Set of 4 black OEM carpet mats with nubuck edging.
Porsche Macan RHD. Genuine Porsche product. Never used as replaced for rubber mats and didn't include them in the sale of the car. Product code is: 95B864436B

New they're £105 from an OPC. Asking £50 + postage.

Product Page: https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt2617_2 ... -RHD-CARS/

Set of 2 Weathertech black rubber mats - rear only
These mats are much better than Porsche original as they are deeper so contain any debris making it easier to not spill it all over the car when taking the mats out to clean. They fit exceptionally well and without anchor points in the back, the OEM ones tend to move a bit allowing debris to catch on the edges and lodge under the mat.

New they're £66 for the pair. Asking £40 + postage.

Product Page: https://www.weathertecheurope.com/uk/po ... igitalfit/

Backseat waterproof, fabric cover manufactured by Over the Top.
The specification is black, no seatbelt anchor holes, no 60/40 split, no back seat extender.

As our dog occupied the boot, we tended to have to use the backseat for storage and bags so didn't want any damage to the leather. This waterproof cover is excellent with a soft touch rubber layer covered by a rip stock heavy duty quilted cotton which is hydrophobic. I didn't have high expectations for the fit and quality but I was really impressed with it and it fitted and worked well. We didn't include any of the options for seat belt pass throughs and so on as we rarely have passengers and wanted to ensure any debris, spills and so forth would be contained and not pass into the fold of the seat making it a nightmare to clean.

New, it was £160. Asking £90+postage.

Product Page: http://www.overthetop.co.uk/porsche-mac ... eat-cover/

If you are interested in taking the lot or more than one item, happy to consolidate postage or do a deal of some sort.

Please DM me if you're interested.

Alex

Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

A bit off topic but why did you decide against the Macan GTS?

Since taking delivery in March this year I've remained in the starry-eyed phase. My only negative is that the car is a bit fat for country lanes where there's limited passing places.
Towser

Post by Towser »

I’ll take the carpet mats please. PM sent
GTS Collected Jan 2017! http://www.porsche-code.com/PHK34WL9
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Towser wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:14 pm I’ll take the carpet mats please. PM sent
Replied! :D
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Macadam wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:13 am A bit off topic but why did you decide against the Macan GTS?

Since taking delivery in March this year I've remained in the starry-eyed phase. My only negative is that the car is a bit fat for country lanes where there's limited passing places.
You may have read my reviews on here and at best I liked it but never did I love it. I spec'd it new so there was no compromise in what I wanted although I resented paying £800 for adaptive cruise control which was standard on our MkVII Golf GTD. My only regret on the spec. A week after it arrived, I saw on the configurator that ACC was halved in price! :evil:

Build quality was the main issue that put me off - the fact that the PDK gear lever came off in my hand whilst overtaking, combination of sudden dip and hand on the lever. It hadn't been fitted properly at factory. Then mid-acceleration into busy traffic on the A14, the car lost all power leaving me a sitting duck in lane 1. I nearly got hit. Turns out a hose connected to the throttle body did not have the expected retaining clip and under boost pressure, it came off triggering the engine management system to initiate limp mode. I was always conscious of the width of it and I live in rural countryside so I never fully relaxed driving it on narrow lanes and B roads as I didn't have much run off if cars on the other side of the road ran wide. I never had a problem but it was never as relaxing. It's only 10 cm wider than my other cars but feels much bigger. Never really got on that well with the throttle either, I'm not a fan of turbo cars though. Practicality wise, I didn't rate it. The boot was big but all we succeeded in doing was giving the dog space to roam about and had to put bags on the back seat most of the time.

I think the dynamics were excellent for what the car is and I loved the exhaust note and the superb LED headlights. I had a GT3 on order and due to a bizarre stroke of luck, ended up getting a GT3 RS slot. I was going to sell the RS after a period of time but fell head of heels in love with it and with the problems I had with the Macan, decided I'd rather get rid of it and keep the RS. I had the GTS for a little under 4 months and did 3,500 miles. I have had the RS for 2 months and have done 4,000 miles including three track days. So I've replaced the GTS with a MK 7.5 Golf GTI Performance which arrives in 2 months and have ordered the new Suzuki Jimny for off road/dog duties which arrives in Dec/Jan. It's a proper off road vehicle with skinny tyres, manual gearbox and secondary low range gearbox too. Looks like a baby G-Wagen. It's also less than the price of the options list on the RS which means that I can enjoy it properly without worry.

In my opinion, the Golf GTI is more fun, better specified and offers better value so as a daily, will not have a complaint. It also offers twice the MPG! If I want manual, I have the GT4. If I want to lose my licence or go on track, RS. If I want to go off road or take the dog covered in mud, Suzuki Jimny. I'm not giving anything up, just have cars for specific purposes and the all rounder is the GTI. So I'm not really losing anything by selling it but I have resolved that I will only ever buy naturally aspirated flat six GT Porsches as long as the dealer will sell them to me.

I can see why the Macan is a popular car but I can say I've tried one properly and can emphatically say that it's not for me.
brains1900

Post by brains1900 »

Hi Alex, thanks for the heads up on the Suzuki Jimmy. I had it on my radar as a dog / narrow lane / dinghy towing car but had not seen the recent press. I have the 1 litre boosterjet engine in a Suzuki s-cross automatic and I could well swap that for a basic spec manual Jimmy with a tow bar. I guess the 1.5 litre is tuned for torque but I was hoping they might put the booster jet engine in the new jimny. I agree about the width of the Macan and the difficulty of knowing how close to that hedge/wall you are. I have recently had the smart repair people out, and I have the surround view cameras!
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

brains1900 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:30 pm Hi Alex, thanks for the heads up on the Suzuki Jimmy. I had it on my radar as a dog / narrow lane / dinghy towing car but had not seen the recent press. I have the 1 litre boosterjet engine in a Suzuki s-cross automatic and I could well swap that for a basic spec manual Jimmy with a tow bar. I guess the 1.5 litre is tuned for torque but I was hoping they might put the booster jet engine in the new jimny. I agree about the width of the Macan and the difficulty of knowing how close to that hedge/wall you are. I have recently had the smart repair people out, and I have the surround view cameras!
The UK spec hasn't been confirmed yet or the trim level. Order books are only due to open in December according to my local dealer but they're hoping to get a better steer on configuration options before then. The Sierra is the one to go for judging by the Japanese reviews on YouTube.
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
I agree with you about the width issue. Single track lanes and narrow roads are a concern. But I keep reminding myself that a Macan is narrower than a Velar, RR Sport, RR, X5, Q7 etc.

That said, meeting a tractor and reversing down stone wall bounded lanes using a camera is all very well for the gamer generation but for those of us used to looking over our shoulder - not such fun. Thankfully my main use is on A , B and M roads and on that tarmac I have no complaints.

The last new car I bought which fell apart was years ago, a first release Discovery. The Cam shaft snapped at 70mph on the M40. No steering, brakes etc. So I understand why you lost faith in it.