Diesel vs Petrol - advise

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

If you like the sight of low loaders, cinnamon biscuits and complimentary coffee, then get the diesel. Because those 3 things will be the staple of your motoring life! :lol: Get the wife a petrol or something else entirely!

jayk

Post by jayk »

Cheers for the replies all, firms up a diesel is a no no.

We have a Boxster GTS, but she never uses it, I have a daily and so does she, work and back is most of the mileage as she uses my company car for any longer mileage as its fully maintained/fueled etc.

I have suggested sell the BGTS, and her daily which she would do anyway and get a R8 V10 Plus or McLaren 540C, she can take that to work and I can use it on weekends, but the problem becomes when it snows and I'd be detailing every weekend!! - Shes not really bothered about them, just loves the Macan.

Any issues with Macan Turbo's which have done 40 to 50K miles but been fully maintained? We would keep it under Porsche Warranty.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

R8 is great in the snow- so long as it’s not too deep!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
jayk

Post by jayk »

goron59 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:07 pm R8 is great in the snow- so long as it’s not too deep!
I'll re-suggest it, go see / drive one.

We have actually had a deposit on a Macan 2.0 twice! This one turned out to be a direct import by a car dealer, first service done by them not Porsche.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... rol&page=1

Then we had a deposit on this one, but saw it on Saturday and had that refunded. Its had a very hard life, treated very rough.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... asc&page=1

Then we missed on at Porsche which sold by another OPC within the group!
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

GMAN75 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:49 am If you like the sight of low loaders, cinnamon biscuits and complimentary coffee, then get the diesel. Because those 3 things will be the staple of your motoring life! :lol: Get the wife a petrol or something else entirely!
I am on my third diesel Macan and never had to visit a dealer for any diesel related issues although do have to have a blast on Motorway every now and again to clear dpf.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:11 pm
GMAN75 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:49 am If you like the sight of low loaders, cinnamon biscuits and complimentary coffee, then get the diesel. Because those 3 things will be the staple of your motoring life! :lol: Get the wife a petrol or something else entirely!
I am on my third diesel Macan and never had to visit a dealer for any diesel related issues although do have to have a blast on Motorway every now and again to clear dpf.
I'm pretty sure Mark that if your trips were limited to 4 mile journeys from home to work and little else (like what was mentioned), you may end up on the back of low loaders and liking those biccies! :lol:
jayk

Post by jayk »

My trip to work is 40 mile each way, if i took it to work twice a month would be suffice?
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

jayk wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:03 pm Cheers for the replies all, firms up a diesel is a no no.

We have a Boxster GTS, but she never uses it, I have a daily and so does she, work and back is most of the mileage as she uses my company car for any longer mileage as its fully maintained/fueled etc.

I have suggested sell the BGTS, and her daily which she would do anyway and get a R8 V10 Plus or McLaren 540C, she can take that to work and I can use it on weekends, but the problem becomes when it snows and I'd be detailing every weekend!! - Shes not really bothered about them, just loves the Macan.

Any issues with Macan Turbo's which have done 40 to 50K miles but been fully maintained? We would keep it under Porsche Warranty.
Jayk, I have just sent you a PM
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:11 pm
Apologies for going slightly off topic. Took my SD into OPC for new Summer tyres and when I got it back was told that they had done a DPF regen as they are under instruction from Porsche to do it on any SD coming in. Never even seen the warning light in 31k miles and until now could have boasted the same as you. Mind you nearly all my journeys are in excess of 100 miles. Regular cold starts and 4 mile journeys would be an absolute DPF killer.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

OPC Tewkesbury are advertisering for cars and currently offering online valuations. Best prices etc due to unprecedented demand!!

Don’t know whether they’re unique in this or it’s nationwide campaign. Haven’t had anything from Swindon though.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀