Parking 'home and away'

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome Paulmac btw.

As Paul has indicated Surround Cam is very useful to include. Rear quarter vision is very poor anyway so a RevCam is a great extra but SurCam is by far better, means you can get it very close to the kerb withour risk of rim damage. As many car parks are very tight then SurCam does help me a lot.

Do read up on the what to include in your Macan thread as it will give you plenty of pointers since a Macan is not a Sports Car and as daily transport certain extras will make the car much more comfortable than a basic no frills model.

You do get used to its size pretty quickly.

Its deceptive, it looks smaller than it actually is.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

My Mac' was only 5 months old, when it was on its way home from a trip abroad. It was parked in a hotel car park in Tours France, being its last night in foreign lands. When I got to it in the morning, I found it had been key'd along every panel on the nearside, from back to front, including both bumpers. A very long and seething drive to Yorkshire ensued.
It was the only UK reg. car in the car park, with GB no. plates. And not too long before that we had voted to leave the EU. Nice one Frenchies.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Unfortunately there are scrotes everywhere and there is no legislating for when/where you might get targeted. Hope you got it repaired OK.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

TheTraveller wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:06 am My Mac' was only 5 months old, when it was on its way home from a trip abroad. It was parked in a hotel car park in Tours France, being its last night in foreign lands. When I got to it in the morning, I found it had been key'd along every panel on the nearside, from back to front, including both bumpers. A very long and seething drive to Yorkshire ensued.
It was the only UK reg. car in the car park, with GB no. plates. And not too long before that we had voted to leave the EU. Nice one Frenchies.
Spent some time working in Paris and often remarked to my local colleagues that I rarely saw a vehicle of any age or value that didn't have a dent scrape or gouge, that's probably why they created Peugeot and not Porsche 😖 In direct contrast also worked in Japan and even in Tokyo you won't even see a white van man with anything less than a pristine vehicle. 🤓
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

TheTraveller wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:06 am My Mac' was only 5 months old, when it was on its way home from a trip abroad. It was parked in a hotel car park in Tours France, being its last night in foreign lands. When I got to it in the morning, I found it had been key'd along every panel on the nearside, from back to front, including both bumpers. A very long and seething drive to Yorkshire ensued.
If I caught anyone doing that to my car, wild horses couldn't stop me from ensuring that scrote drinks its happy meals through a straw for the rest its life.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Hey Guys, It was repaired at a great place in Nott's. And they did a fantastic job. But the bumpers are a nightmare to get right, paintwise. And they are just off shade a little.
Frank.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

TheTraveller wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:49 am Hey Guys, It was repaired at a great place in Nott's. And they did a fantastic job. But the bumpers are a nightmare to get right, paintwise. And they are just off shade a little.
Frank.
Was that due to them trying to blend the colour? I would have asked for a full strip back and respray.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I bravely parked much closer to the entrance to Sainsbury today instead of the lone ICE space in the middle of the EV charge bays :)
No drama. The bloke in the knackered old random box next to me was careful not to bash doors.

On the way out, I spotted a rather nice Alfa Giulia QF pulling out.
Nice exhaust note, but overshadowed by the loudest anti-ackerman clunking I've ever heard! It actually sounded like the suspension was broken :(
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Was it red? Might have been the one owned by a contributor on here...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

My Macan is generally parked in my garage.

I think any clean shiny car is a target for the morons in their crap old cars who like to park close just to annoy us.