Surround camera system - advice required

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Having gone for the surround camera option on my GTS I have found it an invaluable option for helping to protect my wheels from kerb scraping. I have set it up as the ‘diamond’ function on the steering wheel so it’s easy access.

However, one feature it has is one to help you see what’s coming from right and left when edging out of a road when visibility is a bit restricted by parked cars. But, what I can’t do, is get instant access to the camera system because you can only select it when you’re not moving and you need to first select the camera system and then select one of the many options. This means that if there is someone behind you it just isn’t practical to spend 10-15 seconds getting the system on.

Am I missing a trick? Anyone figured out how to use it in a hurry? Every time I come out of my street I want to use it but it takes too long to bring up the display.

Cheers
Paul.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )

Taz

Post by Taz »

You can link the camera system to the diamond button on the left side of the steering wheel. I have done this so I can activate the cameras whenever I want. To do this, go into the 'settings' section of the toggle switch on the right side of the steering wheel and link the surround system to the button.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

you will find it is speed related and only work at very low speed.