Day at Silverstone PEC in GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

As many will remember we received our gen2 GTS back in march on the 1st week of lockdown and were originally booked in at the Porsche Experience centre in early April.
Well we finally got to do our day at the Porsche training grounds.
On the previous visits I’ve had, an instructor would sit with you and take you through the various skid control areas, circuits and braking zones but due to Covid the format has changed.
You are in the car on your own with a 2 way radio and you follow the instructor in a lead car. I shared the track time with my wife which was about an hour each (more than enough). We had a great instructor (Simon) who didn’t hold back on the throttle and made it a great afternoon. The highlights being, passing the slower moving 911s on several occasions :D

Wow, even though we had the Gen 1 previously I’m still amazed how capable this car really is and it was definitely PEC at its best!
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Glad you enjoyed the day. I've decided to wait until "spectating guests" are allowed again.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Good to hear Hedgehog and that you still enjoyed the occasion.

i'm booked to go in late September. It will be my third time, but first under C-19.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

I’m there Friday morning!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

It is a great day :D :D :D
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Thanks for sharing Hedgehog. Was considering keeping mine until normal service resumed but that may be a while.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

MikeM wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:03 pm Thanks for sharing Hedgehog. Was considering keeping mine until normal service resumed but that may be a while.
Yes I had thought the same but took the opinion with spare holidays to use and hopefully a chance of better weather (glad I’m not there this last day or two) I’d go for it.

However the wife’s off work till the week after next and she’s going to head over to Bicester village once I’ve dropped myself off so killing two birds really.
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Forgot to mention, hospitality still nearly the same,.
Socially distanced table settings, with both lunch and afternoon tea served but the instructor doesn’t join you now.
Great coffee too
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Hedgehog wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:54 am As many will remember we received our gen2 GTS back in march on the 1st week of lockdown and were originally booked in at the Porsche Experience centre in early April.
On the previous visits I’ve had, an instructor would sit with you and take you through the various skid control areas, circuits and braking zones but due to Covid the format has changed.
You are in the car on your own with a 2 way radio and you follow the instructor in a lead car. I shared the track time with my wife which was about an hour each (more than enough). We had a great instructor (Simon) who didn’t hold back on the throttle and made it a great afternoon. The highlights being, passing the slower moving 911s on several occasions :D

Wow, even though we had the Gen 1 previously I’m still amazed how capable this car really is and it was definitely PEC at its best!
I went today and thoroughly enjoyed it again. I echo what Hedgehog says. This time I went solo and had 2.5 hours of driving one of their GTSs. This one had a an 'interesting and big spec., but no reversing camera or smokers pack.

Great fun experience again and I was able to push it hard around the handling circuits thanks to a co-operative instructor. In the wet today, the Macan GTS was quicker than the 718s. They had to keep pulling in to let us pass.

The anti-Covid hygiene standards are good. With well spaced tables, half the number of guests and your table with exclusive use for your visit throughout the day. The food is now a choice of 3-course menu items that are cold offerings, brought to you in a box for lunch and high tea presented with a dome over the plate. All to a good standard.

Screenshot_20200923-192330_Drive.jpg

20200923_152042_resized.jpg

20200923_122043_resized.jpg

20200923_121349_resized.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:40 pm
Hedgehog wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:54 am As many will remember we received our gen2 GTS back in march on the 1st week of lockdown and were originally booked in at the Porsche Experience centre in early April.

I went today and thoroughly enjoyed it again. I echo what Hedgehog says. This time I went solo and had 2.5 hours of driving one of their GTSs. This one had a an 'interesting and big spec., but no reversing camera or smokers pack.

Great fun experience again and I was able to push it hard around the handling circuits thanks to a co-operative instructor. In the wet today, the Macan GTS was quicker than the 718s. They had to keep pulling in to let us pass.

The anti-Covid hygiene standards are good. With well spaced tables, half the number of guests and your table with exclusive use for your visit throughout the day. The food is now a choice of 3-course menu items that are cold offerings, brought to you in a box for lunch and high tea presented with a dome over the plate. All to a good standard.

Screenshot_20200923-192330_Drive.jpg20200923_152042_resized.jpg20200923_122043_resized.jpg20200923_121349_resized.jpg
This is the one I drove on the Friday of the bank holiday. It was probably still warm! ;)

Can only echo what you’ve said as i never did a ‘write up’.

Instructor was spot on for me bearing in mind it was his first day back off furlough and I was very much 30-70 weighted towards the speed side of things as opposed to the kick plate for example which was good fun. No one was anywhere near as quick as I was.

I was sat directly to the table in your left.

Didn’t take any photos worthy of uploading to be honest.glad you had a good experience.