Macan 3.0 S v Jag F Pace 3.0 V6S - anybody compared?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

I am making the move from an f pace 300 sport (4 cylinder 300bhp) to a base Macan.

It was quite an impulse purchase based on lots of reading of reviews and watching various videos on YouTube but my decision was based on the f pace's ride quality on 22s with passive suspension. Looks wise the F Pace turns head, and build quality for f pace is night and day to the discovery sport I had previously in that there were no squeaks and rattles or vibration through pedals.

I pick up my macan tomorrow so looking forward to it. Its not as fast as the f pace but it actually has more kit and I'm hoping for a much better ride and handling.

Engine wise I'm hoping it'll do considering we now work from home so apart from the odd trip up north to my parents I am mostly just doing local school runs and the such with not many opportunities to stretch its legs on national speed limit roads. Having said that if money was no object I would have no doubt opted for a GTS which is what is on my list of next car options in 4 years time.

Just out of interest, what car did you end up going for in the end?

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Congratulations @dangezza on your new Macan. As I’m currently considering a facelift Macan 2.0 as a replacement for my Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI, I’d be very interested to hear your thoughts about the ride quality and engine performance of your new Macan, after you’ve had a chance to drive it for a while.

Cheers, Allan
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Thanks Allan. Absolutely. I actually had the option to go for audi sq5 vorsprung but the Mrs wasn't keen. In fact she wasn't keen on any car until I showed her the porsche.

I have a few comparisons I can make having had a q5 tdi, discovery sport dynamic, and f pace 300 sport. My wife has a new evoque hse which drive better than f pace, but have high hopes on the Macan.

Will let you know. Keep an eye out for collection day post!
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Many thanks@dangezza. Funnily enough, the new Evoque is also on my list of alternatives, both in the First Edition and HSE versions, however, after reading various forums, I’m a little concerned regarding the reliability of the Evoque, but it’s still on my list!
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Heres a review I came across actually comparing the f pace with the engine I have now to the macan base I will be picking up in a couple hours.
https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-porsch ... ace/n19363

The new evoque HSE is what my Mrs has bought. Still less than 1K miles on the clock but no problems so far. Its noticeably more refined than the f pace was. I think JLR gets bad press about reliability but from experience we haven't had problems. That's with a jaguar XE over 4 years and f pace for 1.5years. Having said that, with those makes you really need to buy new to get 3 year warranty. They downgraded their approved used warranty from 2 years to a paltry 1 year which I don't think does them any favours.

Being quite a fan of JLR its going to be interesting to see how the adoption of the macan will affect my views :)
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Thanks for the review link 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon