2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I see in autocar these models will have very short shelf life too this time - by the time some of you have got your car the model will be pulled for good !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S

Winryn

Post by Winryn »

Tracky wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:09 pm I see in autocar these models will have very short shelf life too this time - by the time some of you have got your car the model will be pulled for good !
Porsche say they are going to continue to sell the ice macan for as long as people buy it or they are allowed to sell it. The new electric version will carry a different name and run side by side as another option
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Tracky wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:09 pm I see in autocar these models will have very short shelf life too this time - by the time some of you have got your car the model will be pulled for good !
So you are saying they are going to be limited edition classics? ;)
New User

Post by New User »

As I understand it (having briefly read the legislation) the relevant increment of EU Vehicle Safety Regulations will be on 7th July 2024 and whilst it should be possible for Porsche to put the cars through a new type approval process I would have thought that from an investment/return point of view this could be the end of the road for the ICE version. Next increment after that is July 2026 and the car is already compliant with the July 2022 rules. These EU regulations prohibit the sale of non-compliant new vehicles after these dates, not just the manufacture of them so production run out needs to be well signposted.

Of course who knows what Porsche is planning ? But if the new BEV is good then this may be a very short model run indeed, which is why I decided to take the plunge.

Edited to add: the 2024 regs include automatic connection of speed recognition to the car so you are aware when you exceed the limit (you can disable this but it will default to on like stop/start systems do today) plus lane keeping and a range of other anti collision measures. From memory 2026 is the inclusion of pedestrian anti-collision measures, etc but the sensor systems are going to be significant on cars from 2024 onwards and driver assistance stuff that you pay £’000s for now as options will be mandated.
Last edited by New User on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

New User wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:16 am
As I understand it (having briefly read the legislation) the relevant increment of EU Vehicle Safety Regulations will be on 7th July 2024 and whilst it should be possible for Porsche to put the cars through a new type approval process I would have thought that from an investment/return point of view this could be the end of the road for the ICE version. Next increment after that is July 2026 and the car is already compliant with the July 2022 rules. These EU regulations prohibit the sale of non-compliant new vehicles after these dates, not just the manufacture of them so production run out needs to be well signposted.

Of course who knows what Porsche is planning ? But if the new BEV is good then this may be a very short model run indeed, which is why I decided to take the plunge.

Edited to add: the 2024 regs include automatic connection of speed recognition to the car so you cannot exceed the limit (you can disable this but it will default to on like stop/start systems do today) plus a range of other anti collision measures. From memory 2026 is the inclusion of pedestrian anti-collision measures, etc but the sensor systems are going to be significant on cars from 2024 onwards and driver assistance stuff that you pay £’000s for now as options will be mandated.
I can’t be the only one that will want ICe cars for many many years to come. They will become harder to get which will drive prices up IMO.

I will own an electric car but I’ll also want something more fun and sporty on the ICE side - that won’t change for the next 10 years

You don’t go electric overnight :)
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

sd1985 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Edited to add: the 2024 regs include automatic connection of speed recognition to the car so you cannot exceed the limit (you can disable this but it will default to on like stop/start systems do today) plus a range of other anti collision measures. From memory 2026 is the inclusion of pedestrian anti-collision measures, etc but the sensor systems are going to be significant on cars from 2024 onwards and driver assistance stuff that you pay £’000s for now as options will be mandated.
I can’t be the only one that will want ICe cars for many many years to come. They will become harder to get which will drive prices up IMO.

I will own an electric car but I’ll also want something more fun and sporty on the ICE side - that won’t change for the next 10 years

From a driving experience I disagree. I found the Tesla Model 3 performance is an absolute hoot to drive (not so great to look at). If you'll excuse the irony it made my Aston feel like a milk float. It went round corners pretty well too. I suspect the S Plaid is even more insane. I haven't driven a Tycan but I suspect its pretty special, it certainly looks pretty cool.

Its not that the cars aren't fun, its the ownership experience that I have an issue with. The cost of buying them, the difficulty with the charging infrastructure, the range anxiety etc.

There are uses cases that already work well for electric cars (don't drive many miles, have off street parking, don't care about the cost of purchase) but for most of us we're not 100% there yet.

There is a whole other thread on this but I think whatever our feelings on the technology we are going to have to accept ICE has had its day in the sun. Major manufacturers have invested way to much money in EV tech to let it fail and public opinion is turning against ICE pretty rapidly. Also, it gains more votes to be anti ICE than pro, so politicians will make it increasingly more difficult and more expensive to own an ICE car. So, as I said on the other post, smoke 'em whilst you've got 'em, because I suspect for most of us this will be the last ICE daily driver we buy
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

"Of course who knows what Porsche is planning ? But if the new BEV is good then this may be a very short model run indeed, which is why I decided to take the plunge"

Now then consider this.. What happened to the Macan Diesel when Porsche stopped producing them? Have they become more or less desirable? Personally, I don't know but there may be similarities with the last ICE Macan. So I will take a little convincing that it's money well spent in the medium/long term but only time will tell. But I'm going down the "don't care" road on this at the moment.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

PorscheMack wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:58 pm "Of course who knows what Porsche is planning ? But if the new BEV is good then this may be a very short model run indeed, which is why I decided to take the plunge"

Now then consider this.. What happened to the Macan Diesel when Porsche stopped producing them? Have they become more or less desirable? Personally, I don't know but there may be similarities with the last ICE Macan. So I will take a little convincing that it's money well spent in the medium/long term but only time will tell. But I'm going down the "don't care" road on this at the moment.
The diesels are doing VERY well, neighbour has a 2016 diesel and being offered silly money for it.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:59 pm
sd1985 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:39 pm

From a driving experience I disagree. I found the Tesla Model 3 performance is an absolute hoot to drive (not so great to look at). If you'll excuse the irony it made my Aston feel like a milk float. It went round corners pretty well too. I suspect the S Plaid is even more insane. I haven't driven a Tycan but I suspect its pretty special, it certainly looks pretty cool.

Its not that the cars aren't fun, its the ownership experience that I have an issue with. The cost of buying them, the difficulty with the charging infrastructure, the range anxiety etc.

There are uses cases that already work well for electric cars (don't drive many miles, have off street parking, don't care about the cost of purchase) but for most of us we're not 100% there yet.

There is a whole other thread on this but I think whatever our feelings on the technology we are going to have to accept ICE has had its day in the sun. Major manufacturers have invested way to much money in EV tech to let it fail and public opinion is turning against ICE pretty rapidly. Also, it gains more votes to be anti ICE than pro, so politicians will make it increasingly more difficult and more expensive to own an ICE car. So, as I said on the other post, smoke 'em whilst you've got 'em, because I suspect for most of us this will be the last ICE daily driver we buy
The cost, charging and infra will not be resolved for several years.
I don’t disagree about the future of ICE but my point is that it’s many years away before they became less attractive to buyers.
I’ve driven many electric cars as well, and I really can’t compete the driving experience to an ICE car which for me is much better. Although some will see them as equally good nearly all the people I know prefer ICE.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Back on topic I got an e mail from my OPC today to say that my base Macan was build complete today and will further update tomorrow.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.