Thoughts on this Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10659890

This car seems to tick every box, any thoughts on specification. Anything essential that is missing?

I love the look of the Alcantara seats, how hard wearing are they.?
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

putt4par

Post by putt4par »

very decent spec, lovely looking Macan, cannot comment on seats as I have full leather,
good luck!
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

If you want a GTS, that's the 'proper' GTS spec. Looks like a lovely car.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Caster

Post by Caster »

Looks very nice. Personally I’d like Surround View & Spare Wheel (might even have that) + wouldn’t be too bothered about Privacy Glass or Air Suspension etc but could be tempted by that spec.
Price looks reasonable for spec + good luck re haggling if you fancy it👍
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

The car looks great. The car's manufacturer's warranty will either have expired or being on the point of doing so. A key consideration is what warranty is on offer. If you buy from a Porsche OPC then you get a two year warranty.

If the selling dealer has a full history available, check if the transfer box has been changed. It's possible that the car's build date is such that a modified box was fitted at build. Failure of the original design is a known Macan issue. As replacement, including fitting, is around £3k it's an expensive problem if you have to pay for it yourself.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

JurassicMacan wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:22 pm https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10659890

This car seems to tick every box, any thoughts on specification. Anything essential that is missing?

I love the look of the Alcantara seats, how hard wearing are they.?
Great spec.

I had Alcantara in my first Macan and no wear was evident after 3 years / 18000 miles. Consequently I specified them for my new GTS and they are great with the sport seats gripping you really well through the twisties. Just make sure that the seat is suitable for your frame if you are above average size. ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Thanks for the responses.
I will start to make some enquiries about this one.
My 100% preference is OPC as this comes with the warranty and seemingly a new transfer box if it hasn't been done.
But this spec and colour is just what I was looking for.
Shouldn't rush though, sure one will come up with the correct spec in an OPC and I am in no hurry.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

You can of course buy a Porsche Warranty. Car looks a super spec. You won't find many as well optioned and the price seems very reasonable. Air suspension is a great option with the bigger wheels. I've driven Macans on 21 inch wheels with and without air and wouldn't buy one without. I'm also a big fan of adaptive cruise and few cars have it fitted
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
DougL

Post by DougL »

Air? I would think that air suspension is subjective. I have a 2nd gen on steel with 20" wheels. It rides superbly. I have never tried the air but suspect it gives a floaty feel that I don't like. Some testers have commented on this...
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Madelvic wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:30 pm You can of course buy a Porsche Warranty.
Not until you’ve owned the car for 90 days.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.