Cup holder warranty

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pancus

Post by Pancus »

Hi. Minor point but my SD which is still under 4 years and within warranty went in for its pre warranty extension check.

One item identified is the front cup holder has a problem in the that one of the spring supports is stuck in the closed position. Minor but a little annoying.

My Porsche service manager recommended to leave it as the cup holders are not covered under the warranty.

My question is why would this be the case? As a part that has failed why would it not be covered by the warranty? Is the advice given correct :?: :?: :?:

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

You say the car is under four years old. The original warranty, at least in the UK, is three years, during which I would expect the cupholder to be covered. If it is under extended warranty, then I suspect it's not covered.

Has it just stuck open? Perhaps a squirt of WD40 and a little gentle probing might free it.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Laughing out loud here as the thread title gave me a flashback to my days on the RX-7 owners forums.

Cup holder was the name we used to our refer to our wives and girlfriends as they used to hold the drinks while we drove.

Not thought of that for a while.

Sorry, slightly off topic there. Hope you get your cup holder fixed. If you find anything has snapped, Sugru might help.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

jaffacake wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:24 am Laughing out loud here as the thread title gave me a flashback to my days on the RX-7 owners forums.

Cup holder was the name we used to our refer to our wives and girlfriends as they used to hold the drinks while we drove.

Not thought of that for a while.

Sorry, slightly off topic there. Hope you get your cup holder fixed. If you find anything has snapped, Sugru might help.
Wow, you don't want to replace the "cup holder" then, it would cost you a small (large?) fortune, even more than a Porsche :lol:
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Guy

Post by Guy »

It's quite a cheap part: https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oem- ... 862533b5q0

Perhaps they can't be bothered to go through the Porsche Warranty claims procedure for such 'trvia'. When I had my plastic B-trim replaced (at the two year point) it was done as a 'goodwill gesture' rather than warranty claim. Similarly priced part, similar workload ...
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I had a similar thing, car is 3 and a half years old and I have three broken buttons on the centre console, I extended the warranty for two years but they say the buttons are cosmetic and not covered under warranty.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.