Car collected .... Not impressed!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I'm sorry but this kind of episode would put me right off the car and would always be doubting it. Take the money and run. Totally unacceptable for a premium dealer.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I think I would want it serviced again at your local dealer with proof of the work done. Surely it will cost them next to nothing and put your mind at rest.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Col M

Post by Col M »

On-Track wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:13 am
gasgas1 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:39 am you should name and shame so we can steer clear of this dealer.
If you look at Paul's previous posts, you'll find he bought the car from a Porsche OPC in Cambridge.
I live in Stansted and switched from Cambridge to Hatfield. Cambridge just would tell lies and blame each other. Being stung for £500 for insurance 1st loss on a windscreen chip on a loaner Cayenne was the last straw...particularly as them seem to collecting enough £500’s on previous damages to buy the car outright.

That car obviously hadn’t gone through a complete pre delivery inspection...it wouldn’t be asking for an oil top up in quarts that’s for sure.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Thanks guys.

Just my luck.

Love the look of it too!

20200823_191809.jpg

2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Fastest colour too..................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

bennachie wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:05 am Fastest colour too..................
8-)
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Leak detector system (spray) has been applied to the car. There has been no signs of oil on ground but after having the oil topped up to the max line, it is now reading about 2 levels lower after only 400 miles. No smoke or anything from exhausts.

Does this suggest it is burning oil internally?

This has been a gradually decline on the reading over the space of 1 and a half weeks. Oil warm, measured on level ground.

400 miles to do before returning to local dealer to explore the detection results.

20200906_124443.jpg

GWL

Post by GWL »

Don't know if this is of any help :

My 6yr old turbo, with about 32,000 miles on the clock, is going from max to min oil every 2,500 miles. I was surprised at this level of oil usage - but after a bit of reading around it seems it is not unheard of for a Porsche engine.

Also, my car was serviced on 22/7 and the oil was at max. Now, 6 weeks and 1400 miles later, the top of the green marker in the oil measurement display is about 2 millimetres lower than yours. This would be in line with my max to min of 2,500 miles

From the above, I'd think your oil consumption was a bit high - but there are more experienced users here who may have better advice.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

PaulB wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:12 pm Leak detector system (spray) has been applied to the car. There has been no signs of oil on ground but after having the oil topped up to the max line, it is now reading about 2 levels lower after only 400 miles. No smoke or anything from exhausts.

Does this suggest it is burning oil internally?

This has been a gradually decline on the reading over the space of 1 and a half weeks. Oil warm, measured on level ground.

400 miles to do before returning to local dealer to explore the detection results.

20200906_124443.jpg
The figures you're quoting are at the high end of what Porsche state as possible normal oil consumption (0.6 litres per 1000 km). Given the age of the car this could well be what you are faced with for the rest of your ownership. If that is too high for you then you have an opportunity to bail out and hand the car back to the OPC. Only you can decide what works for you: money back and no car or a car that has slightly high running costs (in terms of oil consumption).

It's always possible that the engine will settle down and the oil consumption will reduce. At least you seem to have proved there are no leaks.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

5 years old 45k miles and still uses less the 1 lts between 20k service, so ok in my book.

But Porsche are no different to any motor trader, mate on mine just paid out £16000 for second hand Harley, on pick up was talking to sales person about the bike and a small scratch 10mm long on front mudguard, he merely said parts department upstairs, it is a second hand bike and carried on as if nothing was said.