Car collected .... Not impressed!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

So the car wasn't clean and they had not done the service quite correctly. I would have been unhappy too but it's not the end of the world. Both of these should be put right by a dealer. If that's all that is wrong and the car feels OK in all other respects then keep it. You have a warranty for two years too.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Yes, my local Dealership would now take over in terms of anything else that needs doing.

The evidence of older oil on the cover under the car and the "very minor" signs of sweating ... are these to be considered significant?
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Sounds like the supplying dealers are cowboys. Forgetting to reset the compute topping up the oil is a good old story. The car wasn’t serviced and they lied to you unless they can conclusively prove otherwise. I would take my money back and look further as there could always be niggles in your mind by keeping it.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

MCDK wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:13 pm Sounds like the supplying dealers are cowboys. Forgetting to reset the compute topping up the oil is a good old story. The car wasn’t serviced and they lied to you unless they can conclusively prove otherwise. I would take my money back and look further as there could always be niggles in your mind by keeping it.
The only thing i have been given is a proforma for works done to the car during the service.
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

I share the concern of MCDK here. One simple way to check further is to take a look at the oil filter. If it’s been replaced it should have just light road dirt from your journey north. If it’s covered in thick gunk the service wasn’t done, full stop and you should take option 1. It might be hard getting to see it though, with all the various covers on the top and bottom of the engine. Your local dealership could easily tell you this or even an independent mechanic for a few £££.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Surely your local dealer OPC can tell you if the car was serviced by interrogating the car ECU etc, or by looking @ air filters etc. My OPC would not give me a copy of paperwork for service done before delivery either, & I didn’t get the top up oil etc either!

With option 2 I would also be looking for some goodwill from supplying dealer in recompense for the aggro they have caused you.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Sorry to hear this PaulB. It's not the kind of service you would expect from an OPC. Awful! It wouldn't give me much confidence in the car. I would pick Option 1 and hand it back. Plenty of other used Macans out there.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Paul

Post by Paul »

Taking the opposite stance personally;

you liked the car, it has the right spec for you and was the right price (otherwise you wouldn’t have bought it)

It was dirty, they are paying for it to be cleaned. You have a 2 year Porsche approved warranty.

The only outstanding issue is the lack of clarity over the last service. Ask them if they will pay for it to be “re-serviced” by your local OPC.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

The dealer principle has called me this afternoon following a return from annual leave. He has confirmed the car was serviced and has continually apologised for what he says is a highly rare scenario. Actually, their response from Monday has been very quick and actually pretty good so credit where it is due.

I have now agreed to run the car for 600 miles with this dye in the system. If at the end there is evidence of any leak (even a drop) then i have agreed to return the car.

In essence, it is a win win. I run the car and have confidence that there is no problem and keep the car with compensation from dealer. Or return the car after 600 miles and be refunded in full.

Although the experience so far has been hellish, this is probably the best outcome.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I would certainly expect the DP to now be very attentive and quick to deal with this as they have been caught with their pants round their ankles and don’t want you escalating a complaint to Porsche UK.