Car collected .... Not impressed!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RGS

Post by RGS »

Just a last word on the correct oil if you have the 2.9 engine in either the Gen 2 Turbo or GTS. If you buy from your OPC they will take your registration and present you with Mobil 1 ESP 0w-30 and charge you £24.60 for the privilege.

I was in Halfords yesterday and just to confuse you they stock the same Mobil 1 ESP 0w-30 for £22 but beware they also stock Mobil1 ESP LV 0w-30 for £16.49, don't be mistaken, that is not the same engine oil that Porsche recommend.

Just to sum up, there are two Mobil 1 0w-30 oils on the market, make sure you get the correct one, like the guy at the OPC said, correct oil is now a minefield.

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I know you said it was the last word but I bought Mobil 1 ESP 0w-30 from Amazon for £18.06 and it was delivered the next day via Prime.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
RGS

Post by RGS »

On-Track wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:22 pm I know you said it was the last word but I bought Mobil 1 ESP 0w-30 from Amazon for £18.06 and it was delivered the next day via Prime.
Thanks for that, I'm well supplied at the present but good for members to know that they don't have to get ripped off at their OPC
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Thanks all.
I have about 200 miles left to do before it goes back in to be checked over. Hoping all is well given the car really is great. It looks fantastic too and i look forward to weekends in it with the family or travelling to another Munro.
Hopefully the car is ok, i can keep it and receive some sort of compensation for what was a pretty awful experience.
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc