Car collected .... Not impressed!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

So, after a flight from Glasgow to Stanstead and then a 350 mile trip back home i am less than impressed.

Firstly, the car is fantastic in that it looked great, paint condition etc is all good and i was happy with all the options (15 plate from porsche approved).

Moan 1.
The car when i arrived both internally and externally just wasn't clean. In fact, it was dirty inside and out. After a word with the business manager he apologised and explained they werent "detailers" and would offer to cover payment for a satisfactory clean up to the value of £100 when i took it home. Car is covered in motorway grime anyway now so i appreciated the gesture.

Moan 2.
I am not really sure what i expected in terms of a hand over but i have been constantly been urged by dealerships to buy from the dealership and avoid private as the "hand over experience shouldn't be missed". There was no hand over bay type scenario. Simply the car at the front of dealership (not clean). Also, it seemed to come as a shock when i asked if i could drive it before buying it, considering i had only seen the car on a laptop screen till this point.

Moan 3. The biggest one!!!!
See the attached images. Now, bear in mind that the car has had a major service this week ... why then would the oil warning come on after 100 miles?? Also, why does the service interval information say it is due a service in 10000 miles and in 8 months time??? Could it be that they have forgotten to reset it? Is this a possible reason for the oil warning??

Can anyone offer advice on Moan 3 in particular please?

20200822_203718.jpg

20200822_203759.jpg

2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc

Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Tell them to put it where the sun doesn’t shine, and you reject the car and want a complete refund. That should focus there attention. Send an email directly to the dealer principal.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Check it has been serviced. Oil new? Any other signs it has been done - new filters etc.

Yes take it up with the dealer. A Porsche Dealer?
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

A Porsche Dealership, yes.

Could it be a simple case of simply not adjusting the computer on completion of the service?
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

How can i check if it has been serviced though?
GWL

Post by GWL »

PaulB wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:33 pm How can i check if it has been serviced though?
If the oil is at minimum, how can it have been serviced? I agree with Toddie - you've been given poor customer service.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Appears you've been misled, this car hasn't been given a suitable PDI.

I'd take it back.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Did you not receive the paper copy for the service? Have they stamped the service book?
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

The service book has indeed been stamped and i specifically asked for confirmation of the service being completed. Brake fluid change had also been completed according to the book too.

I have emailed the dealer principle and his team with my thoughts and await their response.

I assume i have a 14 day return policy? Will double check the small print.

Very disappointing as the car is beautiful and drove very well.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Sorry to hear this, Paul.

You’ve definitely had a sub-standard Porsche experience from this particular OPC.

They may not be ‘detailers’ but they are constantly cleaning cars, and generally the cars in their showroom will be immaculate. Fair enough to apologise if a loan car hasn’t been cleaned, but a car that you are buying from them, on collection!? Not acceptable!

If the car is showing a low oil level warning, I would indeed question whether the service was completed. Maybe take the car to your nearest OPC and speak to their service manager. Don’t initially name and shame the OPC where you bought the car, but ask them if indeed the car has just had a proper service including brake fluid change.

The main thing is that you love the car, how it looks and how it drives! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018