Insurance Cost

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Friend of mine is due to collect an Audi RS Q3 Sport RRP is about £60K
I was curious to see what the insurance cost would be versus the GTS I have spec'd at £73K.

The GTS is cheaper to insure!!

I presume insurers deem an Audi of this model / type to be more attractive to thieves, and possibly because the parts are more saleable as they will accommodate a wide range of Audi vehicles.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Anything by Audi starting with an RS is thief heaven according to my insurance broker, hence the sky high premiums.

They're either car-jacked or stolen off drives, apparently very popular with ram raiders and just general joyriders too due to the kudos of the
RS badge with that type of Crim.

My Macan S on the other hand was £480 to insure last year, with 15k mileage and business use.

Stay away from swift Audis.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

My quote was similar to yours with the same mileage and business use. That was with LV who I consider to be a reputable insurer.

The RS was £520 with Quote Me Happy. I know little about them. LV did not provide a quote.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

GTS costs me more than my previous RS4. Sub £500 though
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Sunny99

Post by Sunny99 »

Mmmm.... why does it feel like I’m being probed... not in a nice way. (5k miles, no business use)

New to macan ownership -4weeks in- annual quote was £1700. With some shopping around I managed a ‘bargain’ 1200.

Well obviously not a bargain. But I know insurance risk is very subjective.
Birmingham post code. Youngish driver (😀😀)
Some medals given by the local constabulary probably doesn’t help.

Happy motoring
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Sunny99 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:09 am Mmmm.... why does it feel like I’m being probed... not in a nice way. (5k miles, no business use)

New to macan ownership -4weeks in- annual quote was £1700. With some shopping around I managed a ‘bargain’ 1200.

Well obviously not a bargain. But I know insurance risk is very subjective.
Birmingham post code. Youngish driver (😀😀)
Some medals given by the local constabulary probably doesn’t help.

Happy motoring
Age and living in a city will not help your case, and neither will any driving convictions.
Birmingham has one of the highest rates of stolen vehicle crime in the UK.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

RS cars and the midlands is a big headache.

I had previous RS4 in south east and insurance was fine

Porsches the same, very reasonable
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

I’ve come off company insurance for the first time so technically no ncd despite around 14 years of not having a claim.

However admiral were very competitive and came in just shy of £400 which i thought was pretty remarkable to be honest.

I’d also recommend their multi car policy as we have an M2 also which again the price couldn’t be touched.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Partysausage wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:25 am I’ve come off company insurance for the first time so technically no ncd despite around 14 years of not having a claim.

However admiral were very competitive and came in just shy of £400 which i thought was pretty remarkable to be honest.

I’d also recommend their multi car policy as we have an M2 also which again the price couldn’t be touched.
Some insurers now take into account the driving history of company car drivers and will provide a discount.
When I came out of my employers company car scheme they provided a letter to my insurer to confirm I had been accident free.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Bazza06 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:32 am
Partysausage wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:25 am I’ve come off company insurance for the first time so technically no ncd despite around 14 years of not having a claim.

Some insurers now take into account the driving history of company car drivers and will provide a discount.
When I came out of my employers company car scheme they provided a letter to my insurer to confirm I had been accident free.
They didn’t ask for a letter which I was shocked at.

I’d no doubt received some kind of discount however it’ll be interesting next year when fingers crossed I’ll have 1 years ncd to go on the renewal.