PDK Oil Change

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Yakkers

Post by Yakkers »

I think my Porsche dealer has had me on the PDK oil change. A year ago (10k miles) I took my Macan in to renew the warranty. It went through the normal 111 check and they said I needed a PDK trans oil change which they did. (Car at 53k miles at the time). A year later at 63k miles they have changed the oil again as part of the service.

Twice in a year seems excessive? Is that right?

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Yakkers wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:07 pm I think my Porsche dealer has had me on the PDK oil change. A year ago (10k miles) I took my Macan in to renew the warranty. It went through the normal 111 check and they said I needed a PDK trans oil change which they did. (Car at 53k miles at the time). A year later at 63k miles they have changed the oil again as part of the service.

Twice in a year seems excessive? Is that right?
I'd say that's wrong. I've had mine since new (2016) and the PDK oil change was done on 39,500 at 2 and a half years old. . On the invoice it says that it needs to be changed next at 80,000.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
GWL

Post by GWL »

Just looked in my car's maintenance book (MY2015 Gen 1 Turbo) and it says PDK oil change every 40,000 miles or 6 Years whichever comes first.
Had my PDK oil changed for the first time last month as car is now 6 years old (it's done 30k miles) - Done as part of a major service.

So yes, twice in a year is excessive to say the least.

Not exactly the same situation as you - but as part of the service last month I asked the OPC to change the transfer box oil (in light of the ongoing issues for early Macan). Cost me £250 inc VAT.
This week I popped the car in again for a minor issue. When I picked it up they said they'd also taken the opportunity to carry out a recall job on the Transfer Box which included changing the drain plug for a magnetic one, and hence had drained the (4 week old) oil and replaced it! :o :roll:

I pointed out that it was quite annoying to have just paid £250 for the oil change when I could have had it done free under the recall. Without any pushing, they refunded the £250. Happy customer :)
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Yes, the doc I linked claims

"Macan S Diesel and Turbo models will also have a drain and refill of transmission oil plus filter change at year 4/40,000 miles. "
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

GWL wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:01 pm Just looked in my car's maintenance book (MY2015 Gen 1 Turbo) and it says PDK oil change every 40,000 miles or 6 Years whichever comes first.
Had my PDK oil changed for the first time last month as car is now 6 years old (it's done 30k miles) - Done as part of a major service.

Not exactly the same situation as you - but as part of the service last month I asked the OPC to change the transfer box oil (in light of the ongoing issues for early Macan). Cost me £250 inc VAT.
This week I popped the car in again for a minor issue. When I picked it up they said they'd also taken the opportunity to carry out a recall job on the Transfer Box which included changing the drain plug for a magnetic one, and hence had drained the (4 week old) oil and replaced it! :o :roll:

I pointed out that it was quite annoying to have just paid £250 for the oil change when I could have had it done free under the recall. Without any pushing, they refunded the £250. Happy customer :)
Perfect result. Name that OPC. They deserve recognition for fair play.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
GWL

Post by GWL »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:01 pm
GWL wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:01 pm Just looked in my car's maintenance book (MY2015 Gen 1 Turbo) and it says PDK oil change every 40,000 miles or 6 Years whichever comes first.

Perfect result. Name that OPC. They deserve recognition for fair play.
Porsche Guildford.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Right outcome as I assume they were paid something for the recall by Porsche, so only right not to charge you as well.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Steve1867

Post by Steve1867 »

I just had my macan in for its 6 year service 55000 miles In Glasgow Dealership:
Intermediate, brake fluid and oil for £640 inc vat

I was told the transmission fluid change was required under a campaign as well as a chip update but it would have to come back in for that.

But on top of the campaign they advised it required a pdk oil change and which was different At £456.

I called ahead of it going back in Friday to clarify and again they made out they were different saying one was a half an hour job and the other a 5 hour. Is this just nonsense and they are trying to charge me for the campaign??
Andy352

Post by Andy352 »

The PDK oil and transfer box oil are different, the PDK is the gearbox/transmission oil. I think that you need clarification as to what they are actually going to do. None of the oil changes should take 5 hours.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5