How much extra would you pay for a BEV Macan?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

kmacuk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:05 pm I will go EV at some point, but I need battery tech to improve: twice the range and half the weight I think is the Gen II battery tech goal for me.
Not asking for much then! Maybe gen 10 if you are lucky :lol:

pmg

Post by pmg »

davewf wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:25 pm I would not pay a premium for a BEV Macan, look at the VW id 3 that is priced around the diesel Golf price as it should be. But to be honest because of the charging infrastructure or lack of it, only viable BEV is a Tesla which has its own charging network.

Network will naturally get better over time but its just not there yet.

Have a watch of Harrys Garage latest video on the X5 Hybrid [url] also his video on the ipace is interesting [url]
I am big fan of Harry's Garage channel.

However, to be fair to Porsche their fast chargers based at OPC's will look very similar to Tesla's initial UK network about 5 years ago based near the central UK motorway network.

Still, no Tesla fast charger Mid Wales or North Norfolk coast so a Tesla owner far from home in those areas is left with their destination slow chargers, mind you the Porsche network will not offer the equivalent and owners would be reliant on public chargers in such areas.

Returning to the original question, the FT last week had an article arguing it will be 2030 before electric cars cost the same to build as ICE's. I am hoping my ICE Macan will still at eleven be running well. I suppose the true question for me is would I buy say a Tesla Model Y at the same cost of an ICE Macan despite the Tesla's perceived lower trim quality etc. I do not know my answer to that question.
Last edited by pmg on Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
happy days

Post by happy days »

I was going to recommend the HG video as well. He makes a number of very valid points about the iPace. But then again, he has a fleet of vehicles from which to choose instead of experiencing range nervousness so it's easy for him to choose an alternative.. For many, a full BEV may well be their only runner.
Macan S D
718 S