Luggage compartment liner, flat – Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Anyone on here have the tequipment Luggage compartment liner, flat – for Macan?
What sort of quality is it, how well does it fit?
Thanks Rob
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

Toddie

Post by Toddie »

I have one, and can’t fault it, good fit, protects boot floor, does what it says on the tin!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Toddie wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:47 pm I have one, and can’t fault it, good fit, protects boot floor, does what it says on the tin!
Great thanks will get one ordered. Keep the wife's muddy golf clubs off the boot carpet. I clean mine before they go in! Amazing how they can be so house proud but cannot understand us being car clean proud🤣
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Sunny99

Post by Sunny99 »

Fits like a glove, branded product. Protects boot carpet. Only Gripe is that it scratches easily. But better that than damaging the carpet.

First purchase from OPC. After the car obviously.

ACC7A2A4-E441-4845-BF9D-7EF42EDC671E.jpeg

jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

I've got one and was underwhelmed by it's quality.

It's thin and flimsy, scratches easily and the lip around the edge is easily deformed if something presses against it.

I was expecting something more like thick rubber but I got something thin and plastic. It's not really any thicker than the lid of a take away food container.

It does indeed protect the boot carpet so, instead of seeing a dirty carpet, I see a scratched piece of thin plastic.

Having said all that, it does seem to stop stuff sliding around quite well.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Sunny99

Post by Sunny99 »

A very accurate description there JaffaCake.

But I was sold on the branded product. Everytime I open the boot- Puts a smile 😀😀😀 On my face. A reminder I drive and own a Porsche 😀

Bespoke carpet boot liners are available - but non branded and don’t look as good.

Guess we’ve Both bought it to the brand, well and truly.
JBA

Post by JBA »

I've got the high version because of the added boot protection for not much more cost. It's very practical in protecting against damage when loaded with prams, sports equipment and dirty, wet items. Consyructed of plastic means it's washable. Although it scratches easily, I don't mind because that's a small price to pay to keep the boot underneath pristine (easily removeable).
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
RGS

Post by RGS »

2 years ago I picked up a generic rubber mat from Costco for not more than £15 for my AMG C63s, fitted that boot 95% and transferred it to my new Macan.

Again fitted 95% of area just a small gap round edges but made from thick India Rubber, weighs heavy, doesn't move and nor does anything placed on it, impervious to marking and hose clean if required, main thing it keeps the carpet like new.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Sunny99 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:14 pm A very accurate description there JaffaCake.

But I was sold on the branded product. Everytime I open the boot- Puts a smile 😀😀😀 On my face. A reminder I drive and own a Porsche 😀

Bespoke carpet boot liners are available - but non branded and don’t look as good.

Guess we’ve Both bought it to the brand, well and truly.
Bought the carpet boot liner from the OPC with my Macan SD. Transferred it to the GTS. Over five years old and it still looks pretty good. The carpet on the boot floor of the SD looked immaculate when I traded it in.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel