Considering Selling my Macan SD - Am I mad....?!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
TD444

Post by TD444 »

Hi All,

I am considering selling my 2016 Macan SD - owned from new with 33k miles - and in great condition....
I would love to stay with the Porsche brand but dont see an option for me to move to - whilst i dont really need a SUV size vehicle i do need back seats, even though they are not used often, i would need them - 2 young kids - so that rules out Cayman / Boxster.

Dont know if i would go for another Macan - a GTS could spring to mind but again, dont need something that big in reality which also rules out a Cayenne or Panamera. Of course a 911 is a dream, it may work but likely beyond what i would want to spend and I am not convinced to go down an older route due to cost of ownership.

I have an inkling currently for a M2 Competition - there are deals to be had on those currently and size wise it would fit.

Am I crazy for changing from a Porsche to BMW? Or a Macan to a M2?
I have enjoyed my Macan greatly over the past 4 years but thinking it is time for a change - do i bite the bullet and sell or just keep & enjoy what i have...

Dilemma i know - but its wrecking my head... :?

Thoughts welcome...............

T
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May

pmg

Post by pmg »

An M2 Competition does not have the breadth of capabilities of the Macan and is the sort of car that thrills for a few weeks and then the extreme nature of items like suspension begin to pale and an owner may prefer to return to the "wife from the mistress".

There are a few members on the BMW forums who have moved to M cars. Few buy a second and many switch back to a vehicle with wider breath of capabilities within a very short period of M ownership
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
TD444

Post by TD444 »

pmg wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:59 am An M2 Competition does not have the breadth of capabilities of the Macan and is the sort of car that thrills for a few weeks and then the extreme nature of items like suspension begin to pale and an owner may prefer to return to the "wife from the mistress".

There are a few members on the BMW forums who have moved to M cars. Few buy a second and many switch back to a vehicle with wider breath of capabilities within a very short period of M ownership
Thanks for the reply - all noted on the above - should have mentioned that we have a 2nd SUV in the family so don't necessarily need 2.....
Collected Tue 3rd May
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Go for a Macan GTS.....or if not perhaps a 6-cylinder BMW or Mercedes. As always, try before you buy and ideally for a test drive of a least a couple of hours.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I think the fact Terry that this will be your occasional and weekend car means that the M2 might fit the bill just fine. It will be fast, fun, make decent noises and handle well and as it’s only occasional use you shouldn’t tire of it

Also have you considered M4 Competition as they are a bit larger and the reports on owners seems to be an M4 is considered more premium than the M2. Or RS4, C63 type model maybe??

You know my head is wrecked with these thoughts too having already sold my Macan, we should start a local support group lol.
TD444

Post by TD444 »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:19 am Go for a Macan GTS.....or if not perhaps a 6-cylinder BMW or Mercedes. As always, try before you buy and ideally for a test drive of a least a couple of hours.
Only reason for not looking at a GTS is i dont need anything that big - and I am unsure where to have another Macan - Its pretty much the same as what i have now apart from the engine...

The M2 comp is a 6-cylinder.... :)
Collected Tue 3rd May
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Or if your kids are young then maybe an i8 as they are available now for 40k upwards. A pretty special look for that amount of money.
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Believe it or not the wife has an M2 (non-comp). I like it but wouldn’t want to drive it everyday personally although I would happily drive my old A45.

As others have alluded to it would seem to fit the bill occasional car but still has the seats. Im lucky I can say this but I find them sterile inside. Other than the seats you could be in her previous 116d.

I’d echo the rs4 etc comments but throw in an rs3 or rs3 saloon option as well?
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I also don't really require a car as big as the Macan but can't really think of a replacement.

Our other car is a TT roadster which is a great wee car. Is it possible to change your other SUV and keep the Macan??
TD444

Post by TD444 »

MCDK wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:24 am I think the fact Terry that this will be your occasional and weekend car means that the M2 might fit the bill just fine. It will be fast, fun, make decent noises and handle well and as it’s only occasional use you shouldn’t tire of it

Also have you considered M4 Competition as they are a bit larger and the reports on owners seems to be an M4 is considered more premium than the M2. Or RS4, C63 type model maybe??

You know my head is wrecked with these thoughts too having already sold my Macan, we should start a local support group lol.
Lol - support group....

I like the sound of the M2 being more nimble and a drivers car compared to the M4 thats a bit bigger....
Not a fan of Audi - dont like their interiors - not that BMW is much better but would be my preference - Old Merc interiors also very bad - fuel on a C63 could be a handful...

Not a fan either of the I8 - nice to look at but thats it... - resale issue i would assume also..
Collected Tue 3rd May