I need some education

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Uni11

Post by Uni11 »

This is all great info guys I really appreciate this.
I’ve now been thru 15 pages on here and have seen a few threads about the same dilemma!
Consensus is that the gts is a more Sportier drive compared to the turbo But the turbo goes likes stink... Just hope I can get out on a test drive soon to see what actual differences I can detect.

Also if a gts was not specked with air suspension would that be a deal breaker?

jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

If speed is your thing, go turbo.
If you want a sportier drive, go turbo PP.
If you want alcantara, go GTS.

I've got a special edition turbo PP with air on 21s and really happy with the ride and performance. Happy to answer any specifics.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Uni11 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:57 pm This is all great info guys I really appreciate this.
I’ve now been thru 15 pages on here and have seen a few threads about the same dilemma!
Consensus is that the gts is a more Sportier drive compared to the turbo But the turbo goes likes stink... Just hope I can get out on a test drive soon to see what actual differences I can detect.

I like the air suspension, I had it on my Turbo with 21” and it’s on my ordered GTS with 20” but many on here don’t see the need for it and some don’t like it. I personally think up to 20” and with PASM as is standard on the GTS it’s fine but you really have to try it for yourself.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Uni11

Post by Uni11 »

MikeM wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:24 pm
Uni11 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:57 pm This is all great info guys I really appreciate this.

I like the air suspension, I had it on my Turbo with 21” and it’s on my ordered GTS with 20” but many on here don’t see the need for it and some don’t like it. I personally think up to 20” and with PASM as is standard on the GTS it’s fine but you really have to try it for yourself.

This is just it as I’ve had air on my sd and I loved it, so I wouldn’t like to bet without, but as I’ve not driven a gts without air I can’t compare! I guess it’s all about getting out there and trying different models with different specks.
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Uni11 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:57 pm
I’m in the prefer GTS without air, camp, so definitely not a deal breaker for me.
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
Uni11

Post by Uni11 »

I’ve seen this one at Porsche.
What do you guys think?
Can I do better for the price?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... on=at_cars
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Uni11 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:20 pm I’ve seen this one at Porsche.
What do you guys think?

That’s a very high spec, it has both the Turbo exterior and interior package with additional carbon interior, plus alcantara steering wheel. The interior package gives it a GTS/ TUrbo PP look that’s no longer available on the Gen 2 Turbo, it doesn’t state it but the exterior package includes a sports exhaust. My own Turbo was a March 2016 very similar spec but a different and slightly cheaper cost interior, (see my signature), with 35000 miles. The OPC sold it in July within a few days of advertising they had it up for £52k ⁉️ Which I personally thought was far too high but I’m guessing they cleared close to £50k. So yes I would certainly consider this (subject to close condition inspection and history) a good purchase 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Uni11

Post by Uni11 »

MikeM wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:02 am
What do you guys think?

That’s a very high spec, it has both the Turbo exterior and interior package with additional carbon interior, plus alcantara steering wheel. The interior package gives it a GTS/ TUrbo PP look that’s no longer available on the Gen 2 Turbo, it doesn’t state it but the exterior package includes a sports exhaust. My own Turbo was a March 2016 very similar spec but a different and slightly cheaper cost interior, (see my signature), with 35000 miles. The OPC sold it in July within a few days of advertising they had it up for £52k ⁉️ Which I personally thought was far too high but I’m guessing they cleared close to £50k. So yes I would certainly consider this (subject to close condition inspection and history) a good purchase 👍

Thanks mike m, two questions how did you know it was up in July? And further more where do you look for this info? As this would be a great help in my search for the perfect gts/turbo. You can pm me if you want. Also just seen that it has no rear camera and on closer inspection of the steering wheel from new pictures sent to me the Alcantara is badly worn!! And they are not willing to do anything on that.
Guess the search continues :(
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Uni11 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:06 am
MikeM wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:02 am
What do you guys think?

Thanks mike m, two questions how did you know it was up in July? And further more where do you look for this info? As this would be a great help in my search for the perfect gts/turbo. You can pm me if you want. Also just seen that it has no rear camera and on closer inspection of the steering wheel from new pictures sent to me the Alcantara is badly worn!! And they are not willing to do anything on that.
Guess the search continues :(
Nothing clever re knowing when they sold my car just tracked the dealer site and it was gone within a few days and also spoke to the SE who sold it. Surprised with such a high spec there’s no rear camera? Re the Alcantara wheel I understand that is a common complaint in that it doesn’t wear so well. Good luck with your hunt.
Previous Porsche’s
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
Uni11

Post by Uni11 »

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Macan-GTS-224609

What do you gents think of this one?
Tyres are at approx 5.5mm and new pads and discs all round, next service is June or July 21. And there’s a fair bit of movement on price that I’m still in negotiations on.
Is there anything I’ve missed or that could be a bargaining point?

Thanks