Top Settings Tips

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

^ Wot Nick said....................^
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

If the manuals were specific to the options you have then maybe....but dealers are lazy (Especially in this digital / download age) and just include everything meaning you troll through pages or irrelevant information!....so many of the features are useless too, especially on the Satnav.
Silver Macan SD (Daily)
Italian Racing Red Jaguar FType 5.0 V8 convertible (sunny day fun)
Red/Black Ariel Atom 3 300 (Very sunny day fun)
Silver/Red Mini Coupe JCW (4 curbed alloys - hers!)
Silver Suzuki Jimny (go everywhere fun!)
gmacan

Post by gmacan »

... and the operator's manual is by definition generic so a lot of the stuff you get sucked into reading is (maybe) fantastic but irrelevant as not available in your country. Or not exactly the same in your MY. So certain aspects are superfluous but you don't know it until too late!

For that reason, I prefer by far the Porsche: Good to Know app on the phone as its tailored to your vehicle very closely and you can do a search for stuff more accurately. A case of not RTFM but RTFA (think about it :D ) :lol: .
Anyway back to the OP's question ... for me it's the facility to choose so much of what's displayed on the MFD - fuel consumption/range, engine data, audio, phone and so on. Excellent. :idea:
Macan S, MY16 64k mls, dechromed, PASM, BiXenons, PDLS+, heated 18way sports hardbacks, 20" SportDesign rims/PZeroNeros.
Ex:
Alfa Brera S Prodrive
Porsche 911 C4 factory-lowered(M033)
Porsche968 Sport
Audi S4 quattro Avant biturbo
325iTouring, 528SE
Mistyone

Post by Mistyone »

some interesting replies. i can now enjoy my newly purchased DS even more. :D
GWL

Post by GWL »

jaffacake wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:19 pm
kmacuk wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:50 pm
TheTraveller wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:55 pm Being a tall lad, the drivers seat is all the way back. The SE said no one would be able to sit behind me. When the rear seats are folded flat, the headrest on the one behind me, always prevented the seat from folding flat. Then found that they could be removed completely, job done.
Same problem for me, but I cant get the headrest to come out pressing the button and pulling I thought would work, but I guess I am missing something or do I just need to pull harder?
There is a button on the other leg if you want to release completely.
On my MY2015 Turbo the front headrests cannot be removed, only the rear ones.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 am Best tip is read the effing manual! Even in these days of short attention span it's not that difficult. We've seen so many questions on here that would have been answered by a quick reference to the manual. It's a shame that there are so many owners driving around blissfully unaware of many of the features of their car.
Nuclear Nick, Chill out pal. The topic was a question for all, who found things out after time. People might read the manual, but first timers might be unaware of how tight things may be, and what pressure is needed. I'm stronger than most and can damage things in a heart beat. It pays to be careful reather than sorry. :x
Keep the catch adjacent to the seat top depressed, and while doing so pull upwards, until it comes free.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

This is the best thread running on this forum, thanks gents keep the tips coming, I personally find the manual far from intuitive!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Botis

Post by Botis »

Hold down the unlock button on the key fob to lower all windows. Pan roof also opens in tilt mode

Useful on a hot day when returning to the car to quickly get all the hot air out of the cabin

If you forget to close a window after you have left the car then holding down the lock key will close any open windows (and pan roof)
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Google Nav search in PCM allows voice input - you can say "London Gatwick Airport North Terminal" and it will find it. Saves a lot of typing and much safer if driving.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070