Top Settings Tips

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

On a long tedious Microsoft Teams call Today, I decided to start reading the manual!

Soon gave up, but remember a while ago on the Golf R forum there was a thread on best Settings Tips where people could say what worked best for them. So, what’s your top 3 best tips for getting the most out of your motor or daft things that took you ages to find?
Silver Macan SD (Daily)
Italian Racing Red Jaguar FType 5.0 V8 convertible (sunny day fun)
Red/Black Ariel Atom 3 300 (Very sunny day fun)
Silver/Red Mini Coupe JCW (4 curbed alloys - hers!)
Silver Suzuki Jimny (go everywhere fun!)

SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

I didn't realise the position of the head restraints can be adjusted in and out. There's a button on the left side of each headrest which unlocks them so they can be moved
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Adding speed camera POIs has been excellent. Drive in Sport , exhaust ‘off’ and suspension in Comfort. Wish it could be made the default
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Being a tall lad, the drivers seat is all the way back. The SE said no one would be able to sit behind me. When the rear seats are folded flat, the headrest on the one behind me, always prevented the seat from folding flat. Then found that they could be removed completely, job done.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Cruise automatically brakes the car if you reduce the setting by 20 mph. Have always used speed limiter in 'limit' areas and the car 'runs away' down steep hills.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Hold down the lock button to fold the wing mirrors
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Firm press of the brake pedal puts the car into 'Hold'. This leaves the brake lights on; subsequently using the electronic parking brake turns the brake lights off
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

TheTraveller wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:55 pm Being a tall lad, the drivers seat is all the way back. The SE said no one would be able to sit behind me. When the rear seats are folded flat, the headrest on the one behind me, always prevented the seat from folding flat. Then found that they could be removed completely, job done.
Same problem for me, but I cant get the headrest to come out pressing the button and pulling I thought would work, but I guess I am missing something or do I just need to pull harder?
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

kmacuk wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:50 pm
TheTraveller wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:55 pm Being a tall lad, the drivers seat is all the way back. The SE said no one would be able to sit behind me. When the rear seats are folded flat, the headrest on the one behind me, always prevented the seat from folding flat. Then found that they could be removed completely, job done.
Same problem for me, but I cant get the headrest to come out pressing the button and pulling I thought would work, but I guess I am missing something or do I just need to pull harder?
There is a button on the other leg if you want to release completely.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Best tip is read the effing manual! Even in these days of short attention span it's not that difficult. We've seen so many questions on here that would have been answered by a quick reference to the manual. It's a shame that there are so many owners driving around blissfully unaware of many of the features of their car.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA