Prices in Petrol App

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

Whilst driving my Gen II this morning I needed fuel in an area I was unfamiliar with so used the Petrol App on the dash.

To my surprise this not only listed all the nearby ESSO stations (I am a recent convert having spent 15 years hunting Shell Vpower) to me but also quoted the price. This made a big difference as the closest was £139.9 for Supreme but by driving a few extra miles I got £128.9. Anyway my question relates to configuring which price it shows. Has Porsche set this to always quote super unleaded as that is what they recommend or can it be set somewhere. I had a quick look when I arrived home but failed to find a suitable config option.

Also .. Having looked through the long list of pre-installed POI for Gen II I was unable to find speed cameras. Now Porsche appear to use Google mapping I assumed it would be an easy add on (the reported mobile vans would be even better). Is it possible to add them for Gen II?

Thanks
Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I modified a guide on how to add speed camera POIs to Gen I cars so I'd be interested to hear if it works for Gen II.

My write-up is on this Forum
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

I have checked your post however it appears that Porsche Connect has changed for Gen II. There now appears to be less tiles available with POI missing. The "Nav" options on the my MY20 now has a long built-in tick list of POI's that I can choose from although Speed Camera isn't one of them. There doesn't appear to be any way to add anything extra. I would like to be proved wrong if anyone with a Gen II has found a way to update.

Any thoughts about options around the Petrol pricing shown?

Thanks
Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Never managed to get speed camera info onto my Mk1 POIs
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I think the petrol app is set as standard to show supreme fuels, but I haven’t tried to change it as I only use supreme.

I also haven’t tried to add speed cameras as I can’t understand why anyone would want to :roll:
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA