Should I upgrade my GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Smudger

Post by Smudger »

Hi

I’ve owned a sapphire blue Macan GTS since May 2018, basically although I love the brand and the quality of the Porsche product, I have always found my GTS a compromise. Basically I find the eight way sports seat a little too tight for my comfort. The car itself is superb and despite this issue have still found a lot of enjoyment owning this car. My dilemma is do I trade in the car now whilst the demand for used cars is higher to achieve the best deal or keep another 18 months. I’m definitely staying in the Porsche brand and my options are.

1: Trade in for a new Macan GTS next spring (with 14 way comforts seats) and air suspension.
2: Trade in for a new Macan S with a few options.
3: Trade in For a Cayenne S.

I do enjoy bigger cars having come from a range rover sport previously, but the Macan is a delight to drive and has a got a lot of utility so a bigger car isn’t the issue it’s comfort. When I purchased my car in 2018 I was talked out of specking comfort seats in the GTS for resale value. however it always taken off the shine for me. Do the comfort seats provide enough support and going forward would it affect the value to spec them on a gts or do I just go with a std S.

Any thoughts of wisdom would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Matthew 👍

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Out of your options the only one I would consider would be the new gts as a step to an S would be backwards. Having said that Unless your current seats are really bad I would tend to stick with the current car.
Smudger

Post by Smudger »

I’ve deliberated loads over it, it’s a real 1st world problem 😂
my car is in excellent condition with only 7.5k on the clock, it’s got all the options I wanted.
Perhaps wait for the 2021 Macan.
Next year I’ve got to extend the warranty.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

As it’s done such a low mileage, why not enquire about swapping the seats for comfort ones in your current GTS? It won’t be cheap, but far less expensive than trading up to a new car! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
pmg

Post by pmg »

Every time you "trade" a Macan the market turn is of the order of £10K plus.

Have you investigated the possibilty of retro fitting 14-way seat to your current car? At the mileage you are doing it will be a fine vehicle for several years.

The Gen 2 cars offer minor improvements in performance and handling with better mpg and more modern better tech. on your mileage mpg is not going to be significant.

Some would argue a GTS with 14 way seats is not a pure GTS and hence reduces its value but there is still a market for such.

If 14 way seat is your preference then I think the decision between S and GTS is less clear cut and depends how much you value the better performance and tighter handling of a GTS over the greater comfort of an S.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Smudger

Post by Smudger »

I might approach the dealer with a view to borrowing an S for a weekend. Thats the thing though I love handling of the gts, it’s been the best balance between a sports car and a car with utility.
I’m not loaded and like it’s been pointed out it can get quite expensive and I’ve got a good car already. Just out of curiosity are the 18way seats any more open with regards the bolsters.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Or an even cheaper option would be to eat less, join a gym and walk more lol and in a few months you might fit the seats.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Smudger wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:59 pm Just out of curiosity are the 18way seats any more open with regards the bolsters.
I've got 18-way seats and the bolsters are quite pronounced.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Smudger

Post by Smudger »

Porsche Bolton had a customer who did exactly that went on a diet so he could comfortably fit in his dream car 😀☝️
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

I have 18 way seats in my GTS. No problems a all. Just set seat to go backwards before exiting car. 18 way provides excellent variability for long journeys.