Should I upgrade my GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Smudger wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:39 pm Porsche Bolton had a customer who did exactly that went on a diet so he could comfortably fit in his dream car 😀☝️
The lightweight carbon fibre bucket seats in some Porsche sports cars are pretty snug ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Smudger wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:59 pm I might approach the dealer with a view to borrowing an S for a weekend. Thats the thing though I love handling of the gts, it’s been the best balance between a sports car and a car with utility.
I’m not loaded and like it’s been pointed out it can get quite expensive and I’ve got a good car already. Just out of curiosity are the 18way seats any more open with regards the bolsters.
Even if you went for Option 3 (Cayenne S) you'll still be wondering what seats to choose. The 14 and 18 way seats are the same in the Cayenne as in the Macan. A Cayenne will probably beat the Range Rover Sport for handling but is not in the same league as a Macan GTS.

If your OPC's GTS demonstrator is like mine it will be fitted with 18 way seats so go for a test drive and see how you get on. IMHO for comfort on a long journey and the ability to hold you in place when you're having fun they are unbeatable.

Unless you buy a 911 GT3 RS you're not buying a Porsche as an investment but for the joy of driving. Financially you should stick with your current car but the fact that you've asked the question on this forum means you're already tempted :lol: .
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

If you order now, you may be exposed to the risk of a no deal Brexit.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

The 8 or 18 way seats in a GTS are a tight fit for anyone other than the slim hipped. 14 way seats have plenty of bolstering for any road application IMHO. As for the Cayenne, it certainly is a size bigger but that shouldn't be an issue for a RR sport driver. The S version is fine, but if going that way buy a E hybrid, faster than an S and much better specked for the same money.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

The 18 way seats have some bolster adjustment whereas the 8 way don’t, wouldn’t suggest putting 14 way in a GTS as most would consider it less desirable. Do understand your dilemma chose 14 way in my previous Turbo and they were great. However, you have completed just 7500 miles, your going to take a big financial hit on a car that’s hardly used, I would wait until the next generation and if you can, consider electric? If not just go Turbo 😳👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

As above I wouldn’t buy a used GTS with 14 way seats so suspect that you could take a hit on resale. Upgrade to a Gen 2 Turbo may be a better route to at least give you more of a difference from the current car but if you “sport” spec a a turbo then the sportier seats will also be expected.
pmg

Post by pmg »

ah the forum lives up to its reputation for spending others money . An innocent wish to solve a seat issue leads to two recommendations to buy the most expensive Macan irrespective of whether the member needs or wishes to have the extra performance!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Smudger

Post by Smudger »

Well thanks for all the advice, taking everything into consideration perhaps the best way forward would be wait for the next generation Macan,Perhaps I’m seeking a little bit more comfort over outright performance. I expect a std S model would be not to far removed from the gts in terms of performance.

👍
pmg

Post by pmg »

Smudger wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:27 am Well thanks for all the advice, taking everything into consideration perhaps the best way forward would be wait for the next generation Macan,Perhaps I’m seeking a little bit more comfort over outright performance. I expect a std S model would be not to far removed from the gts in terms of performance.

👍
Yes current Gen 2 S is close to Gen 1 GTS in performance
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I wouldn’t agree that Gen 2 S has performance like a Gen 1 GTS. had a Gen 2 S and found it lacking in both performance and suspension compared to my Gen 1 GTS. Found the S very floaty, both cars on 21s with PASM.