Heated seat upgrade ?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
toraropo

Post by toraropo »

Hello all,

My wife & I just purchased a pre-owned 2018 Macan base.
The only thing she doesn't like about it is the lack of heated seats. Does anyone know if heated seats are a direct replacement or is it a different wiring harness as well ?

Thanks in advance !

JLR

Post by JLR »

I can't imagine that it's a different wiring harness since if they change the harness for every single configuration they'd have hundreds of variants. The lack of heated (front) seats is unfortunate but you surely can't be contemplating to change the seats as that would cost a fortune (although I don't have a figure in mind).
Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

This parts manual might help

Impossible to search through however seats are three quarters of the way through and headed Illustration 817-00

My guess is it is doable but finding somebody who can help will be very hard. There are Macan interiors on eBay too possibly as a source of parts
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Probably is possible to fit replacement seats but probably difficult to get identical seats and probably expensive

A 12v heat pad or hot water bottle would be a cheap fix :D :D :D

Or thermal underwear :P
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

ScotMac wrote: โ†‘Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:29 pm Probably is possible to fit replacement seats but probably difficult to get identical seats and probably expensive

Too expensive to even consider and I do believe you can usually trust a Scot to have the only real cost effective solution ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Previous Porscheโ€™s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

MikeM wrote: โ†‘Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:53 pm
ScotMac wrote: โ†‘Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:29 pm Probably is possible to fit replacement seats but probably difficult to get identical seats and probably expensive

Too expensive to even consider and I do believe you can usually trust a Scot to have the only real cost effective solution ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I had a quick search earlier and found the below link to a US parts provider.

It will give some idea as to the how expensive it would be to replace the seats, bear in mind these are just individual components:

https://parts.byersporsche.com/productS ... vel=151564
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I did this to my sons Audi, I had Transcal fit the heated pads and did the wiring myself with switches from eBay. It is definitely do-able.
I have a set of spare heated seat switches for a Macan, but they have ventilated seat switches too, which would be useless to you.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21โ€ gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.