Base, basic Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

It is a difficult one.

As you say, you start looking at a "cheap" Audi and end up spending £40k plus - what our current TT cost !

I would try to get a test drive in a basic Macan. I'm sure the ride quality will be fine as long as the rest doesn't feel too "basic".

Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Rhys2004 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:00 am I would never consider a 6 litre.At nearly 80 I have a Porsche for the quality and badge, and I am not interested in the speed, acceleration any more.My new spec doesn't include a spare wheel.At eighty if I get a puncture I will call out the assistance teams who will have a spare wheel to fit to get me to the garage.Same reason I don't spec extra lighting functions or dimming mirrors etc.At my age I never drive at night!!!!!!!!
I thought the only thing missing from the spec was a 6 litre V8!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Why brand new?

A base 2.0 Macan with no extras isn’t going to look great and won’t be a strong reseller come time to move it on. Wouldn’t be my choice and would go for either a nicely specced used one or else some other brand with a higher standard specification
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

On-Track wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:39 pm
Rab J wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:46 am
Of course, there is always the option of letting her use a Cayenne E Hybrid Coupe when she's carrying the grandchildren :twisted: :twisted:
Now now, steady there :shock: It is a big old thing so she wouldn't feel comfortable and I would be traumatised :o

There are any number of "SUVs" for less than £40K (from VW, Kia, Hyundai and Seat) that would be ideal if the real objective is a child carrier. Presumably you let your wife drive your Macan GTS when you had it so you could let her make the choice as to whether a Macan is what she wants. Mind you if you do that you might have another GTS in your family :lol: :lol:
Yes I have tried to point her some of the more, lets call them "Value" options on the SUV market but to no avail. :roll:
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

MCDK wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:34 pm Why brand new?

A base 2.0 Macan with no extras isn’t going to look great and won’t be a strong reseller come time to move it on. Wouldn’t be my choice and would go for either a nicely specced used one or else some other brand with a higher standard specification
Yes I fully get that although having checked out the spec there is a lot of things now standard, heated seats, parking sensors etc. I was thinking Sapphire blue or Carrera white and little else.
DougL

Post by DougL »

Power steering plus is completely unnecessary. I don't have it, car is perfectly fine during low speed manoeuvres.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Q3 Vorsprung 45 TFSI quattro S tronic £47,435
Base Metallic Macan £47,734.00
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

DougL wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:03 pm Power steering plus is completely unnecessary. I don't have it, car is perfectly fine during low speed manoeuvres.
Agree.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

Have you tried to get a newQ3vorsprung? I saw one in a car park,the sport back,and I thought it looked good.I phoned 4 Audi garages and each said their was a 4/5 month waiting time on that particular model.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Rab J wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:48 pm
MCDK wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:34 pm Why brand new?

Yes I fully get that although having checked out the spec there is a lot of things now standard, heated seats, parking sensors etc. I was thinking Sapphire blue or Carrera white and little else.
The wheels will be the biggest issue on a basic car as they look very small with huge tyre walls. Add to that all the unpainted black plastic and you are left with a car that looks a bit basic. Will drive nice of course and be a nice enough place to sit but for me the looks would kill it.