Base, basic Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ those standard 8-way seats are very comfortable we find and the Race Tex centres feel warmer in winter and cooler at all other times on first entry.

The 2L engine should warm up quickly and with the new Gen II dash layout, the vents can be angled to blow warm air quickly onto cold hands (rather than face)....so you may not even need the heated wheel. I say this based on experience with our 190bhp 2.0i Leon FR.

She moved from an SLK because of the need for ferrying young grandchildren in child seats in the rear. We now have five and take three out with the 10 year old in the middle rear seat and two Britax seats either side. She likes the Leon because it is easier to park in tight town centre slots. It also comes really well equipped (FR model) and is rapid - 2.0i with 190 bhp. It was more than £20k less than a 2.0 Macan too. So making the nanny wagon less stressful with the "little darlings" on board and doing what children do! :oops:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Really don’t think a bog standard base Macan is the best option. If you want a brand new SUV that’s modern, very safe and stylish with a decent amount of options as standard and plenty of room for the grandchildren try a Volvo XC60. With a bit of haggling You’ll be closer to £40k for a base Momentum.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Rhys2004 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:00 am I would never consider a 6 litre.At nearly 80 I have a Porsche for the quality and badge, and I am not interested in the speed, acceleration any more.My new spec doesn't include a spare wheel.At eighty if I get a puncture I will call out the assistance teams who will have a spare wheel to fit to get me to the garage.Same reason I don't spec extra lighting functions or dimming mirrors etc.At my age I never drive at night!!!!!!!!
Great response 👍😂
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

GWL wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:19 pm
DougL wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:03 pm Power steering plus is completely unnecessary. I don't have it, car is perfectly fine during low speed manoeuvres.
Disagree in this case. My wife found the standard power steering quite heavy for parking. I got PSP added and it much improved the situation. I think the OP's wife may find the same. (I take it you're a man, Doug?).
My wife doesn’t have it
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Whilst I’ve had it on every car for the past 12 years or so, I don’t get the necessity for the reversing camera if we are keeping spec minimum and parking sensors are standard aren’t they? I cant see it adds anything but cost!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Tracky wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:46 pm Whilst I’ve had it on every car for the past 12 years or so, I don’t get the necessity for the reversing camera if we are keeping spec minimum and parking sensors are standard aren’t they? I cant see it adds anything but cost!
I agree with that, I don't really look at it, just use the sensors, however my wife stated it as a must have (PSP too), I would have added neither and I really dislike the front sensors.

If you look at the approved used Macans almost every single one has it added.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
pmg

Post by pmg »

Tracky wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:46 pm Whilst I’ve had it on every car for the past 12 years or so, I don’t get the necessity for the reversing camera if we are keeping spec minimum and parking sensors are standard aren’t they? I cant see it adds anything but cost!
Depends how tight the spaces you usually enter like garage are. I find the parking sensors leave such a wide margin that the camera is very useful.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

If you're going for a camera to help with moving the car in tight spaces, pay the extra £500 for the Reversing Camera with Surround View - to view the sides and front of the car - rather than just the Reversing Camera. I find the pano view at the front very useful when emerging from blind exits or junctions.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

What about a Taycan for yourself Rab and the Cayenne for your wife? Just happens to be a Taycan for sale in Belfast.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Taycan nice but h u g e l e y expensive......................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'