Rejected car, sad day

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Handed back the keys on the lovely Carmine red S today. Never felt as sad handing a car over.

Due to the oil leak I have posted about before, which seems to be coming from the timing chain cover seal, I felt I had to retain my 30 day rejection period until after Porsche have fully inspected the car (at the end of this month) and ascertained exactly where the leak is. Unfortunately the selling garage, a prestige dealer could not agree to this, so back it went and the money back in my bank.

I was also really unsure whether I wanted a car that had the whole engine and suspension pulled out plus losing the car for maybe 3 weeks.

So the search starts again, do I stay with a well specced S or stretch to a GTS? I did feel the S gave me everything I wanted from the Macan and maybe the out and out performance and sporty handling of something like a GTS is starting to pass me by and not worth the extra outlay.

So is anyone has or knows of a nice 2018 Carmine red car please let me know.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Interesting.
My car is still being discussed with the same outcome a possibility. Although after 600 miles running leak detection, there has been no evidence of a leak.
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

PaulB wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:28 pm Interesting.
My car is still being discussed with the same outcome a possibility. Although after 600 miles running leak detection, there has been no evidence of a leak.
I hope you have a better outcome than me. I just loved the car but a 2.5 year old car shouldn't have to have its engine pulled, even if it had done 50k miles.

Porsche Cardiff hadn't long serviced the car and it wasn't picked up, whereas when I saw it on the ramps with the under shield removed oil residue was obvious.
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

JurassicMacan wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:21 pm Handed back the keys on the lovely Carmine red S today. Never felt as sad handing a car over.

Due to the oil leak I have posted about before, which seems to be coming from the timing chain cover seal, I felt I had to retain my 30 day rejection period until after Porsche have fully inspected the car (at the end of this month) and ascertained exactly where the leak is. Unfortunately the selling garage, a prestige dealer could not agree to this, so back it went and the money back in my bank.

I was also really unsure whether I wanted a car that had the whole engine and suspension pulled out plus losing the car for maybe 3 weeks.

So the search starts again, do I stay with a well specced S or stretch to a GTS? I did feel the S gave me everything I wanted from the Macan and maybe the out and out performance and sporty handling of something like a GTS is starting to pass me by and not worth the extra outlay.

So is anyone has or knows of a nice 2018 Carmine red car please let me know.
https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Macan-GTS-221530
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Yes have seen this one lovely car, but it's 15K more than my 2018 SπŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” Would have to negotiate with one of the wife's kidneys...or both?
Looking at the GTS in Kings Langley, or the S at Stratstones Nottingham.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Sad news but at least you are not out of pocket..
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Sensible decision.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Good to see that the consumer rights act does actually work. Always been worried about purchasing an expensive car from a non main dealer, but will certainly entertain this option again, just hope for better results.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

You want/need to be buying from OPC, with its attendant g'tee
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

bennachie wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:40 pm You want/need to be buying from OPC, with its attendant g'tee
Agree, that would be my preference.
However the 2 GTS cars I looked at in OPCs prior to buying the S, really hadn't been looked after, door dings, door edge chips, kerbed alloys etc, whereas the 50k mile car I opted for was bodily and interior wise immaculate and hadn't been prepped. Being under 3 years still within warranty.

Unfortunately with this car, had I bought from OPC or independent would still have to have the engine pulled and I just can't come to terms with this on a 2.5 year old car.