Carrara white metallic

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

MCDK wrote: ↑Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:43 pm 14 way seats also kills off the inclusion of most GTS. As you say it seems an S might be your best route although a GTS is likely to suffer much lower depreciation.

Have you seen the Mamba Green 2019 S that Matt at Prestige Performance have. Marmite colour but a great spec and nice wheels.
It really is more than I can justify and really not sure I could live with the colour.

How did you find the 8 way seats, what actually does the 14 way give over 8 way...lumber adjustment I guess but what else?
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

JurassicMacan wrote: ↑Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:54 pm
MCDK wrote: ↑Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:43 pm 14 way seats also kills off the inclusion of most GTS. As you say it seems an S might be your best route although a GTS is likely to suffer much lower depreciation.

Have you seen the Mamba Green 2019 S that Matt at Prestige Performance have. Marmite colour but a great spec and nice wheels.
It really is more than I can justify and really not sure I could live with the colour. Surprisingly I also prefer Gen 1 looks and if it's an S Gen 1 sound.

How did you find the 8 way seats, what actually does the 14 way give over 8 way...lumber adjustment I guess but what else?
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The 8 way GTS seats are great and more than enough adjustment for me but I assume you know these are 8 way Sports seat so they are not the same as the flatter style of the standard 8 way in the base and S models.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Fortunately neither of us are horizontally challengedπŸ˜‰
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Text drove a Nov 2017 Carrara White GTS today.
Colour looked spectacular in the Autumn sunshine and now this maybe top of my colour list.
Great spec
21 Turbo alloys
Alcantara
Panroof
Privacy glass
Bose
LEDs
Camera
Sport chrono with white dials
Sport design mirrors
Silver belts
Mileage in the 40s
Serviced recently brand new discs and pads all round after 111 point check and 2 years warranty.

Car drove superbly, both myself and my wife were absolutely blown away with the car and couldn't believe the difference between the S and this GTS.

Going around and doing a detailed inspection of the paint and in a certain light I felt the paint on the N/S doors wasn't quite right. Pulled it into the showroom and under critical light they had been repainted. Salesman couldn't see it and eventually called their paint man, who also agreed and that it wasn't a great paint job.

So dissapointed again with an OPC, when they said body was perfect.

Okay this could have been a car park ding or catching the side on a garage door and a smart repair job, but how do you know?

Porsche have called and said they will repaint the doors.....but will I always have an issue with a car that has 2 doors repainted. Shame as almost no stone chips anywhere, interior mint and the spec was perfect.

Oh and the price was very competitive for an OPC being mid 40s

Do I risk it or wait???
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

MCDK wrote: ↑Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:49 pm The 8 way GTS seats are great and more than enough adjustment for me but I assume you know these are 8 way Sports seat so they are not the same as the flatter style of the standard 8 way in the base and S models.
8 way GTS seats were soooo comfortableπŸ‘
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

JurassicMacan wrote: ↑Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:55 pm Text drove a Nov 2017 Carrara White GTS today.
Colour looked spectacular in the Autumn sunshine and now this maybe top of my colour list.
Great spec
21 Turbo alloys
Alcantara
Panroof
Privacy glass
Bose
LEDs
Camera
Sport chrono with white dials
Sport design mirrors
Silver belts
Mileage in the 40s
Serviced recently brand new discs and pads all round after 111 point check and 2 years warranty.

Car drove superbly, both myself and my wife were absolutely blown away with the car and couldn't believe the difference between the S and this GTS.

Going around and doing a detailed inspection of the paint and in a certain light I felt the paint on the N/S doors wasn't quite right. Pulled it into the showroom and under critical light they had been repainted. Salesman couldn't see it and eventually called their paint man, who also agreed and that it wasn't a great paint job.

So dissapointed again with an OPC, when they said body was perfect.

Okay this could have been a car park ding or catching the side on a garage door and a smart repair job, but how do you know?

Porsche have called and said they will repaint the doors.....but will I always have an issue with a car that has 2 doors repainted. Shame as almost no stone chips anywhere, interior mint and the spec was perfect.

Oh and the price was very competitive for an OPC being mid 40s

Do I risk it or wait???
Go for it, sounds like a low risk, GTS cars go fast, and it sounds like its ticking all of your boxes, that's a nice spec and beginning with 4 sounds rare. Let them paint it and get a detailer to make it perfect or negotiate a discount and do the detailer and a ceramic.

With no pictures to see what you’re seeing only you can decide.

Could be the one that got away and you look back on it when you buy an S for the same price.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

cc21021ce4b341588db70399c816edb6.jpg

Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Rob, for what it is worth my Macan S had both bumpers & boot lid repainted by Porshe OPC when I bought and the colour match is spot on. It was only cosmetic painting not damage to metal work other than a scratch which would not compound out as it was too deep. I said to you that the colour really popped in the sunshine.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Painted doors would be the least worrying damage IMHO, as long as the doors fitting properly. Front or rear damage is much more likely to have been an accident where as a door ding is likely to have been a parking scrape with nothing underneath to be damaged. Its bound to be a good leverage opportunity for a discount.
My wife has the Audi version of Carrara white on her TT and its a great colour, almost fluorescent and looks good even when dirty.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50