Macan as a family car

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Juve

Post by Juve »

Hi

Looking for some opinions from those of you that have a Macan as the ‘family car’. We are expecting our 1st in a few months and have decided on a Macan. Only thing putting my wife off is the back seat space looks a little cramped? Anyone else found this? Don’t really want to go any bigger to Cayenne/Q7 size yet!

Thanks

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

For goodness sake! It's plenty large enough!! My previous was an Audi RS4 and I found the size of the Macan quite intimidating to start with.

My kids are long since grown up but we used to cart them around in a 205GTi. You could park one of them in the Macans boot!!!!

I had a Cayenne Coupe Hybrid as a loner for 3 weeks and hated it. And nobody needs a car as big as the Q7 - it's the same size as a Transit van.
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Same size as a Transit, but less adaptable
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Same size as a Transit, but less adaptable
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Juve wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:58 pm Hi

Looking for some opinions from those of you that have a Macan as the ‘family car’. We are expecting our 1st in a few months and have decided on a Macan. Only thing putting my wife off is the back seat space looks a little cramped? Anyone else found this? Don’t really want to go any bigger to Cayenne/Q7 size yet!

Thanks
A very, very, very small part of the decision to switch to a Macan from an AMG E-class coupe was to fit in the growing brood of grandchildren. We have now used my Macans from the baby, toddler rear-facing, child seats stages. At times we now we have in the rear - two in forward facing child seats plus the 5' 2" 10 yr old in the middle, qualifying for the lap & diagonal seat belt. All good. :D
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Juve

Post by Juve »

Haha. Anyone who hasn’t experienced the wonders of a lie flat rear facing baby seat won’t understand... these things are space eating machines
GavalarW

Post by GavalarW »

Interesting topic and glad you posted it...

We are in exact same position as you with baby due in 3 weeks! We went to view Macan at the weekend and I have to be honest - I was slightly underwhelmed with the space in the back. Not enough not to want one though!

Will look forward to reading people’s responses to this thread though...
Uni11

Post by Uni11 »

It’s plenty big enough, I have a 14 and 8 year old I’m 5”11 my eldest is 5”8 and she sits behind me comfortably. Go and purchase it and enjoy.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

It is big enough. Just ...
I have a 2 year old and it is fine. The room in the back is pretty average and the boot is ok.
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
Juve

Post by Juve »

GavalarW wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:14 pm Interesting topic and glad you posted it...

We are in exact same position as you with baby due in 3 weeks! We went to view Macan at the weekend and I have to be honest - I was slightly underwhelmed with the space in the back. Not enough not to want one though!

Will look forward to reading people’s responses to this thread though...
Have you considered any other cars?? It’s not easy!