Macan as a family car

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

NSinc wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:27 am I actually think it's too small.... We have a one year old baby, and the car is now too small to go on any UK breaks. I've had to buy a roofbox.

It's very cramped behind the passenger seat when you have a baby / car seat behind it. My wife can only just fit comfortably. Anyone tall can;t really sit in the front seat now. Wish we went for the Cayenne!

That asid,e it's an absolutely fantastic car and we love it. Just wish it were a bit bigger!

I can agree with this. The front passenger in our Macan barely has any extra legroom with the rear-facing car seat installed behind compared with our F55 (5 door) Mini Cooper S despite the Macan being 70cm longer.

Terry_Macan

Post by Terry_Macan »

The Maxi probably has a larger interior despite probably being c. 2 feet shorter and 1 foot narrower (I realise crash protection counts for some of that but....) :?

Hate to say it but there's some similarities in shape/design even if the Maxi got there 45 years earlier!
Terry_Macan

Post by Terry_Macan »

Also we had a Panamera as a loan car for a couple of week s at the start of this year - my 7 year old loved the extra space in the rear and having a proper independent heating system - still regularly asks me to trade the Macan in for one!
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Mark 3 Granada was a commodious barge too...............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Paul

Post by Paul »

😊 fond memories as a youth, of the fold-flat Maxi seats......(😱)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Can I just warn that if you have a Macan with memory seats the driver seat tends to move backwards when opening the drivers door, this would clash with a rear facing child seat directly behind. The driver seat stops for no man when this happens, I now have a dent in the rear of my drivers seat to prove (but not from a child seat as my kids are older)
The solution is to use the passenger side rear seat for the child seat.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ Just turn off ‘Comfort Entry’ in the MFD to stop the driver’s seat moving back.
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

The Isofix works well for car seats but i think there are only two.

As a family car it's great but a little bit tight for over six footers in the back.

When we have a long trip with passengers i put the tallest person in the front.

It's a fantastic car for long journeys, we're hoping to drive down to the South of France in November if allowed.

Air and 20" rims, lovely.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Terry_Macan

Post by Terry_Macan »

bennachie wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:44 pm Mark 3 Granada was a commodious barge too...............
Indeed it was, a pal of mine had one.

Interestingly in hatchback form it was the same length as the Macan at 184 inches but 5 or 6 inches narrower at 70 inches. Where has all that space gone?

IMHO not a great looking car, hugely preferred the Mk1 (was very tempted by a V6 Coupe once) and the Mk2 was decent looking. I believe a lot have met their end in recent years in banger racing, a shame. Had a Rover SDI Vitesse myself (brilliant driver other than for endless electrical and heater matrix problems).
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Terry_Macan wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:57 pm
bennachie wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:44 pm Mark 3 Granada was a commodious barge too...............
Had a Rover SDI Vitesse myself (brilliant driver other than for endless electrical and heater matrix problems).
But a Great old Rover/aka Buick direct injection 3.5 V8❓
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6