Wannabe macan owner (gen1 GTS vs gen2)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Definitely try a Gen1 GTS before you decide, it's just an awesome driving tool and that sound😍😍
However having several F-Paces on loan any Macan will feel like a driving upgrade.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

Gt4rs

Post by Gt4rs »

On our third macan.

First was a S and then two gts cars. Gts is a amazing all round car, hard to beat for the quality and money in my opinion.
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Hello all. Update on this and hope I'm not going to be disheartened but then again its a PCP so worst comes to worst id have to take a hit in a year or two and swap it for a bigger engined equivalent.

I have just dropped the deposit down on a Macan 2.0 in crayon grey. Not quite the engine I wanted but it is fully loaded including air suspension, adaptive cruise, surround camera, and all the rest.

It was the deal that sealed it, as they offered more for my F Pace and a £5K discount to apparently get to the monthly figures, down nearly £200/month from their starting figure and right down to the grain after hours when I said ill think about it they caved. FYI I was in talks for a gen1 GTS in Porsche Cheshire and the sales advisor just wasn't attentive. Not even returning my call and all I wanted to do was if they couldn't match the deal on a £2K more expensive car.

Dealer I got it from was Porsche in Glasgow and as I'm based down in Surrey so the sales manager agreed to have it delivered and pick mine up which saved 13 hour round trip.

Just hope I don't regret it after all the votes in favour of a gen1 gts.
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

...That is unless I fail the credit check but would be surprised as I passed one for a sq7 vorsprung 2 weeks ago that I didn't go ahead with.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Not sure anybody fails a credit check!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
GavalarW

Post by GavalarW »

On-Track wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:44 am Hi dangezza, welcome to the forum.

Only you know what your budget is. Have you considered a Gen 2 S? There are a number on the Porsche Approved Used site from 59K upwards. The S is faster to 100km/h than your F pace.

If you can find one, take a test drive in a Gen 2 with the standard sound system before you decide that Bose is a must have.

Good hunting.

Edit: Sorry you were posting while I composed my post. Any car first registered after April 2017 is subject to the latest tax regulations so will carry the excess road tax until six years. All Macans have a two year/20,000 mile service interval.

Your £50k budget would seem to rule out a Gen 2 S.
Out of interest is the road tax for a new Macan and Macan S £475 per year after 1st year?

Congrats on securing your car OP! Wish you well with it.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

GavalarW wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:48 pm
Out of interest is the road tax for a new Macan and Macan S £475 per year after 1st year?
Yes, as with any car over £40k irrespective of engine output
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime in May/June 🤔 https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

I don't think it will fail but I'm still wondering whether I should have gone for gen1 gts. I'm so indecisive sometimes.

I have so far placed the deposit and given my details. Nothing signed but was told I'd be told on Monday regarding the credit approval.

Deposit paid with sales manager saying its non refundable unless the car or deal is not as offered. Quite a strange situation but what if I was to ask them to transfer to another car situated at another dealership. Is this physically possible and is there any reason why they wouldn't?
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

They won’t transfer the deposit to another dealership as they are all independent. Non refundable deposit would have been a no thanks from me for sure.

Hope you aren’t paying a silly Porsche APR on the finance especially on used cars. There are much cheaper options out there.
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Thanks. I was told when the other two cars I went for sold it was because the stock is available to all dealers in the Porsche group. So not necessarily asking to transfer ownership bit more the possibility of swapping it to a car that that is at another OPC.

There's benefits of both models so I'll be happy to get a better spec but much better driving car than my f pace to be honest.

With regards to APR. I don't even know yet as I was just trying to get to the right monthly payment which was lower than all other brand cars I had enquired about.

Any thing in particular I should make sure to check with them before I sign any paperwork?