jk88

Post by jk88 »

Some info and spyshots of the next gen Macan in Auto Express this morning

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsche/m ... first-time
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Personally, from the photos, I prefer the current Macan side profile, especially the shape of the passenger rear window, plus I’m not keen on the retractable rear spoiler.....does a SUV actually need this?

Interesting to read that Porsche will continue to market the current petrol models alongside the all-electric new model 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Roadrunner996

Post by Roadrunner996 »

Nah , that's a Kia......
Previous: 996.2 C4, 997.1 GT3 CS , Cayman R, Macan GTS
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I wonder why there are (presumably dummy) exhaust outlets.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Car has camouflage. I'd guess the lines framing the side windows are fake. Dummy tail pipes to make you think its petrol. Front headlights look more like the Taycan lights - slimmer.

Drove a Taycan recently and really didn't like it. Quick, beautifully finished, amazing flat cornering, but zero drama; could have been a simulator. Synthesised sounds was truly awful and just a quiet whine with it turned off. Plus the gear change (it has two gears) was jerky. For me electric cars are great - I'd have one for town use (Honda e? ) but will avoid bigger electric cars for as long as possible. Porsche would do well to keep ICE cars going alongside electric cars and the signs are good with the refreshed Panamera (Taycan competitor) just being released
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Saw a Taycan yesterday, it looked incredible. If it was between than and a tesla model S it would be no competition. But the whole infrastructure has a long way to go.
Was speaking to a driver at the OPC and he said driving from Scotland to London he has to stop to charge twice. And when he plugged it in at home it said it would need 14 hours to charge up. He also said the amount of people that buy a hybrid such as a cayenne and you open up the charging cables case and they are still brand new you wouldn't believe. With the extra weight of the batteries it only takes a hit on fuel consumption but i guess for some people it helps with the taxes.

I'm glad that porsche have said they will run ICE alongside and that demand will dictate the availability. I have a feeling in the next 5 years I'VE porsche is still going to be the revenue driver.
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

I love my Cayenne E Hybrid...
Commute to Bristol all done on electric and charge up whilst at work for the journey home.
On longer journeys, it's very quiet and refined...with the performance when I want it...can get about 40/45 on a 100 mile journey...and on really long journeys, comes in at about 30 to 35...
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

neilj007 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:05 pm I love my Cayenne E Hybrid...
Commute to Bristol all done on electric and charge up whilst at work for the journey home.
On longer journeys, it's very quiet and refined...with the performance when I want it...can get about 40/45 on a 100 mile journey...and on really long journeys, comes in at about 30 to 35...
Wow! I had a Cayenne Hybrid on loan for 3 weeks. It had averaged under 22mpg in 4,200 miles. Too big and heavy - was hugely disappointed with it, though I think it had been abused as a demonstrator / loaner. It didn't ride smoothly either

IMG_0876.jpeg

2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

If you don't charge it then on short journeys thats about it. I get low thirties on an uncharged 60.mile run. My Macan GTS was one of the best cars I've ever had but averaged 21MPG over 8000 miles. The ride can be a bit odd at times, but I'm blaming that on the air suspension which I don't think I would spec again.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

yesterday, I went on a 189 round trip to top of Exmoor. Total milage 189, average 34.8mpg. Started off with 26 mile battery range
I do have the photographic evidence, but can't recall how I post...doh
Macan
Taycan Turbo