Macan diesel still a good buy?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
lornemalvo

Post by lornemalvo »

Thanks for adding me. I'm seriously considering buying a Macan, currently doing my research. From what I have read, a diesel would suit me best. I have read that Porsche have discontinued the diesel engine, are there any implications to this? Future values? future parts availability etc. ?

Spud

Post by Spud »

When I last spoke to my OPC they said they couldn’t get hold of enough Macan Diesels, I think the demand will remain high plus residuals, I loved my Macan Diesel was a great car with plenty of punch, my only criticism was the DPF but that was mainly due to my driving/distances etc, it was good on fuel as well. If the Diesel fits your requirements and mileage don’t hesitate 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

They are great cars with a great engine. Fast and relatively frugal. Comfortable, refind and great quality. Superb handling for an SUV too.

The optional extras on a Porsche are extensive. So try and have a must have plus desirable list.

Parts and servicing are relatively expensive. An official Porsche warranty is very desirable.

My ex-one sold in a week after trading it in to my OPC in June 2020.

Do arrange for an extended test drive of a few, if you can, before buying.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Mine is fab, with the sports exhaust it makes a decent noise too. I’m still seeing 2017 cars at OPC for £40k, so the values seem to be holding up.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Adding to the positive comments.

When I sold mine (privately) it was at the height of Dieselgate and yet it went immediately.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

There is a 2017 SD today on Autotrader with very little spec for £43K! So I believe the demand is still there.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

why wouldn't it, 44 mpg +, fast enough to loose your licence, corners like a train and great place to be.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

gasgas1 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:09 pm why wouldn't it, 44 mpg +, fast enough to loose your licence, corners like a train and great place to be.
Absolutely agree, but many were saying the bottom would fall out of the market, what I see at present is the opposite where demand outstrips supply, and that has only one result - prices go up.
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

I must say, the increase in the 2nd hand market values over the last 2 months has been quite marked. With this current news about the petrol/diesel ban being pulled forward to 2030, it will probably only improve further in the very short term?

I'm keeping mine at least until there is a much clearer picture of what private motoring is going to look like, as we approach the end of this decade?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S