18” Macan S wheels & Pirelli Scorpion winter tyres

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Hi does anyone have any experience of driving on 18” Macan S wheels with Pirelli Scorpion winter tyres ?

I have been offered a set @ a very good price. So wondered if anybody had used them previously?

Regards Toddie
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Mine are 19 and Dunlop but any winter will be streets ahead of P Zero in the cold and wet...........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Kennst4s

Post by Kennst4s »

I had 21 summers on mine, swapped to 18 with Continental and found them excellent in cold and wet.
I have them for sale in the For Sale section if you're interested
Kenn
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Kennst4s wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:51 pm I had 21 summers on mine, swapped to 18 with Continental and found them excellent in cold and wet.
I have them for sale in the For Sale section if you're interested
Kenn
Thanks for that, I too have 21” summer, the 18” wheels I have been offered are the same as yours with Pirelli tyres ( similar thread depth) but are only £425, I doubt you would want to part with yours for the same figure.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

At that price make sure they are not stolen and snap their hand off......................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Kennst4s

Post by Kennst4s »

Agree!
18” NO winter tyres with the Snowflake symbol are on average £200 plus each.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Toddie wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:44 pm Hi does anyone have any experience of driving on 18” Macan S wheels with Pirelli Scorpion winter tyres ?

I have been offered a set @ a very good price. So wondered if anybody had used them previously?

Regards Toddie
I had just such a set as winter wheels for my Macan SD. Over five winters I covered just under 15k miles. They still had around 5mm of tread when they came off the car last June. They are still at the OPC and I'm undecided about putting them on the GTS. This is because my circumstances have changed and I no longer have to always be ready to travel to South Wales.

The Scorpions were brilliant in wet weather and gave me absolute confidence on the few occasions I had to drive through snow. I strongly recommend them. The taller sidewalls gave a softer ride than the 20" wheels I used in summer and the additional sipes in the tread meant that road noise was slightly greater but no annoyingly so. The set was £1800 new which may help you decide if the price you've been quoted is "very good".
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

On-Track wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:43 am
Toddie wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:44 pm Hi does anyone have any experience of driving on 18” Macan S wheels with Pirelli Scorpion winter tyres ?

Regards Toddie
I had just such a set as winter wheels for my Macan SD. Over five winters I covered just under 15k miles. They still had around 5mm of tread when they came off the car last June. They are still at the OPC and I'm undecided about putting them on the GTS. This is because my circumstances have changed and I no longer have to always be ready to travel to South Wales.

The Scorpions were brilliant in wet weather and gave me absolute confidence on the few occasions I had to drive through snow. I strongly recommend them. The taller sidewalls gave a softer ride than the 20" wheels I used in summer and the additional sipes in the tread meant that road noise was slightly greater but no annoyingly so. The set was £1800 new which may help you decide if the price you've been quoted is "very good".
Thanks gents for your replies, deal done, collecting wheels after lockdown2, i hope!