Battery query

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

My MY18 Macan S is laid up involuntarily in a garage in the South of France (since mid-june) and I see no prospect of being able to retrieve it before the end of the current French lockdown (whever that ends).

If my memory serves, the battery goes into "sleep mode" and preserves enough juice for the vital functions.

Will I be able to just connect up my trusty trickle charger and expect it all to come to life, or should I expect to jump start it and hope for the best?

Academic at the moment, but there will be a time!!

Paul

Post by Paul »

With a bit of luck, it should start after 4 - 6 months.
If not, Jump start at first and then plug in the trickle
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Guy

Post by Guy »

I had a few warnings when I left my car unused for three months and the battery discharged, however they came up after recharging the battery with a charger. This situation is covered in the manual - for instance it tells you to clear the PSM warning by driving a short distance and putting in a few steering inputs. I had other warnings but they all cleared quite quickly.

I did also have to use the manual/emergency key to enter the vehicle - this is all explained in the manual. If it's not totally dead I think you can use the remote fob by holding it close to the right hand side of the rear window - again this is covered in the manual.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Guy wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:20 pm I had a few warnings when I left my car unused for three months and the battery discharged, however they came up after recharging the battery with a charger. This situation is covered in the manual - for instance it tells you to clear the PSM warning by driving a short distance and putting in a few steering inputs. I had other warnings but they all cleared quite quickly.

I did also have to use the manual/emergency key to enter the vehicle - this is all explained in the manual. If it's not totally dead I think you can use the remote fob by holding it close to the right hand side of the rear window - again this is covered in the manual.
But if the manual is inside the car there is a bit of an issue!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Toddie wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:56 pm
Guy wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:20 pm I had a few warnings when I left my car unused for three months and the battery discharged, however they came up after recharging the battery with a charger. This situation is covered in the manual - for instance it tells you to clear the PSM warning by driving a short distance and putting in a few steering inputs. I had other warnings but they all cleared quite quickly.

But if the manual is inside the car there is a bit of an issue!
That’s when the Good to Know app comes in handy!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA