Fuel for GTS (2021)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Ha Ha!
Actually quite good after two bucket washing as an aqua wax.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

I take a simplistic approach to the fuel debate, for every day driving as long as the nozzle is green it’s fine, talk of engine damage is generally overstated. In relation to the power made, there have been several very informative responses in the past on this forum. But I came across this on YouTube today, this guy has no doubt dyno’d many cars. Interesting, but I’m surprised it’s so much of a difference!
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Interesting. I know that Litchfield Motors are confident and have proved that premium fuel (e.g. Shell V-Power) in cars does generate more power on their dyno.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
pmg

Post by pmg »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:16 pm ^^^ Interesting. I know that Litchfield Motors are confident and have proved that premium fuel (e.g. Shell V-Power) in cars does generate more power on their dyno.
Yes, but interesting he also makes the pint about "freshness" of fuel which I assume applies as much to 95 octanes as higher ones
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

Oh come on....watch the curve, even the lowest output was made at near MAXIMUM revs....I bet most on here have never had their car at near MAXIMUM revs, and if they have, they stayed there for,......seconds!

I have dyno’d my Atom a couple of times and yes, better fuel did get a few more bhp, but believe me, I very very rarely redline the Atom on the road.....or I would be dead!

I have also dyno’d my race prepared (310 bhp) R53 Mini JCW to compete in the Scottish Super Laps challenge a few times, and whilst headline figures make great bar bragging rights, they mean nothing!! What you want is a progressive smooth curve, not a peak figure.

Clean fuel and a well serviced, up to temp, car is the future! If you are that bothered about an extra few bhp, buy a highly tuned race car, not a luxury, over weight, SUV that would fail at the first corner! Just because it says GTS doesn’t make it a performance car....a very very nice Car, yes, but not one in which you are chasing every last bhp!!!!!
Silver Macan SD (Daily)
Italian Racing Red Jaguar FType 5.0 V8 convertible (sunny day fun)
Red/Black Ariel Atom 3 300 (Very sunny day fun)
Silver/Red Mini Coupe JCW (4 curbed alloys - hers!)
Silver Suzuki Jimny (go everywhere fun!)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Shell V-power information and product claims:

https://www.shell.co.uk/motorist/v-powe ... eaded.html
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Surely this is simple? Your car tells you on the back of the fuel cover what fuel it needs. The GTS is 98 RON. Put less than 98 in and at best the engine management system will do something to compensate; at worst you get poor performance and potentially damage components. Put more than 98 in and you're wasting your money. Many surveys have been done on this. Many drivers, particularly in the USA, have the misconception that premium fuels are better for their engine, so put the likes of Shell vPower (99 RON) into engines designed for 95 RON. They're wasting their money.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS