Porsche Car Connect

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
andreas

Post by andreas »

Ditch it, the apps are basically of very limited value.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

dangezza

Post by dangezza »

I had a trial of Porsche car connect but haven’t bothered renewing. You can lock the car and fold the mirrors but not much else.

The JLR implementation of remote services (free for first three years) was much better as you could lock/unlock and remote start the car with climate settings on those bitterly cold and really hot days. Porsche only seems to show the last journey details whereas JLR had the full log including a map of the journeys you took and mpg.

When the trial ends of Porsche connect I will most likely renew though as I too like the google search implementation, weather, google earth (not sure if this is standard anyway), and petrol prices are handy.

I believe the Porsche car connect for hybrids is slightly better as it lets you set the climate which will use the great big heavy duty on board battery rather than starting the engine.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

dangezza wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:00 pm Porsche only seems to show the last journey details....
It shows Last Trip and Total Trip.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Still nothing I can’t see sat in the car.
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

If you like the Google search, the voice search is brilliant.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

dangezza wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:00 pm I had a trial of Porsche car connect but haven’t bothered renewing. You can lock the car and fold the mirrors but not much else.

The JLR implementation of remote services (free for first three years) was much better as you could lock/unlock and remote start the car with climate settings on those bitterly cold and really hot days. Porsche only seems to show the last journey details whereas JLR had the full log including a map of the journeys you took and mpg.

When the trial ends of Porsche connect I will most likely renew though as I too like the google search implementation, weather, google earth (not sure if this is standard anyway), and petrol prices are handy.

I believe the Porsche car connect for hybrids is slightly better as it lets you set the climate which will use the great big heavy duty on board battery rather than starting the engine.
Agreed, it is a woeful attempt and looks horrible. Volvo version sounds more like the JLR version (and is free for 3 years too), Porsche have always been behind in their tech though - spent all their budget on the chassis and engine.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Dare I mention the Peugeot offering? It too is fairly encompassing.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'