Transfer Box

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

A little after 4 years old, the dreaded transfer box finally gave up the ghost. It had close to 40k on the clock. The noise was so bad, it sounded like it was trying to get through the floor, heavens above. A replacement box fitted. The OPC assured me it would be a new box, really? I was hoping it would fault within the first three years manufacturers warranty, I had no such luck there. So seams a good call to invest in an extra two years manufacturers warranty.
While it was in the workshop, thay changed to gearbox oil as it was close to the 40k mark. A wow at £450 for that, aghast I was, so a lady there gave me my PCGB discount.
Different drive altogether now, back to super smooth.

trialframe

Post by trialframe »

So did you have to pay for the new transfer box? No porsche contribution towards it? How much did it cost you?
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Good fortune in having taken the extra two years manufacturers warranty, from Porsche. So it was fitted without cost, appart from the cost of extra warranty.
A good job in taking two years extra, and not just one. As this would have been out. But I was wondering if Porsche would have given a contribution, as it was a known fault. But that bridge was never in sight.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

trialframe wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:12 am So did you have to pay for the new transfer box? No porsche contribution towards it? How much did it cost you?
If you check previous posts re transfer box and warranties you will find a number confirming that the box is under an extended warranty although suggesting that is subject to a complete full service history on the vehicle.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Botis

Post by Botis »

MikeM wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm
trialframe wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:12 am So did you have to pay for the new transfer box? No porsche contribution towards it? How much did it cost you?
If you check previous posts re transfer box and warranties you will find a number confirming that the box is under an extended warranty although suggesting that is subject to a complete full service history on the vehicle.
Spot on

Shame this forum does not support 'sticky' subjects. We could definitely do one for the transfer box :lol:
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD
Paul

Post by Paul »

Botis wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:43 pm
MikeM wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm
Spot on

Shame this forum does not support 'sticky' subjects. We could definitely do one for the transfer box :lol:

Stickys do exist....maybe Rob could oblige...?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465