is air suspension automatic?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Simon

Post by Simon »

I've had my white diesel S since May and have air and 21" wheels.
I wanted the big arches filled as much as possible and with the extra 5mm on the 21"diameter and the 15mm or so from the dropped suspension I find myself admiring the way the car sits. It's a personal thing but I wanted the best look and the best comfort, air and 21" give me what I wanted, very comfortable on our local very poor roads near Silverstone. The air suspension as far as I'm aware does not automatically lower at higher speeds, I have mine always set to the lowered setting. The suspension only automatically adjusts when sport or sport plus is selected, you can select manually stiffer suspension by pressing the button with the shock absorber that is below the sports button on the left side of the centre consul.
99% of the time I drive with lowered and comfort selected, love it occasionally I select sport or sport plus and the car morphes into a rocket propelled beast

Sportback

Post by Sportback »

😄 Like a little kid waiting for Santa at mo got the Porsche Car Connect app in my iphone activated so can track the car real time. Says it has 3/4 tank of fuel and has done 19 miles. 19 miles! Where have they been in it?? Still.

Donuts and handbrake turns at the docks
SB
Macan S Diesel ordered 06/12/2014 - Locked Down 15/12/2015 - Delivered March 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5EKVU2
marksb53

Post by marksb53 »

Thanks for a good array of feedback Gents. Seems that ride height decreases automatically at speed, slightly more compliant ride and it resists roll well on track. I think I'll leave the box ticked and stop thinking about it. Worse case is not taking it and wondering if I would have enjoyed the car more with.

Enjoy your Macans'!

marksb532014-11-26 21:21:56
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

My car has air suspension. I also was told that it's less problematic then standard with PASM. We have a bumpy, poorly surfaced B road between us and my Leicester OPC and when my car went in for remedial work we had a loan car was on springs/PASM. We felt every bump and camber in that car on the way home. What a difference, even the wife commented, my car just wafts over the bumps. Air for me again next time, first box I'll tick.

Dangerous on the wallet this forum! This quote might just sway me... Thanks! Stern Smile
my wallet is losing weight on this forum..anyone need a new driveway for there macan,, the profit in that should pay for the air..result jonmacan2014-12-02 22:44:10
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Thanks for a good array of feedback Gents. Seems that ride height decreases automatically at speed, slightly more compliant ride and it resists roll well on track. I think I'll leave the box ticked and stop thinking about it. Worse case is not taking it and wondering if I would have enjoyed the car more with. 

Enjoy your Macans'!

+1 thanks guys I was 50/50 on air suspension but now more like 90/10 you cant all be wrong, , originally only scared off by terrible reliability on other marque's of big fat SUV's,,
DAVID

Post by DAVID »

WinkI wanted air as soon as I saw it was available, although I would like to test drive one. what is a normal test drive at a Porsche dealer.
I had a drive in a diesel steel spring car and was able to drive for about 20 minutes after the salesman had been behind the wheel for about 20 minutes!
Before I bought my land rover I was given the keys of the demo and asked if I would bring it back the next day.
Porsche should have an air and a steel suspension model available for customers to try and offer a decent test drive to prospective customers.
Any ideas on this!!!
Silver Macan Diesel. Ordered 14/11/2014 Delivered 22/10/15
www.porsche-code.com/PGM2UJJ2
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

WinkI wanted air as soon as I saw it was available, although I would like to test drive one. what is a normal test drive at a Porsche dealer.
I had a drive in a diesel steel spring car and was able to drive for about 20 minutes after the salesman had been behind the wheel for about 20 minutes!
Before I bought my land rover I was given the keys of the demo and asked if I would bring it back the next day.
Porsche should have an air and a steel suspension model available for customers to try and offer  a decent test drive to prospective customers.
Any ideas on this!!!
tell them you need an extended drive, your not shore it will fit in your garage etc,, be beligerent like I was,, dont take no for an answer,, you need this overnight etc, it is your right,, dont stop until your driving home in it ,loads have,,

Good luck david

Ps dont worry they wont you on the list,, jonmacan2014-11-26 22:58:32
dereksharpuk

Post by dereksharpuk »

😄 Like a little kid waiting for Santa at mo got the Porsche Car Connect app in my iphone activated so can track the car real time. Says it has 3/4 tank of fuel and has done 19 miles. 19 miles! Where have they been in it?? Still.

My iPad App will not accept the authentication code given to me by Porsche. My Macan is supposedly built, but thus I cannot track it. My OPC tells me that the code will not be accepted until they pair the car with the iPad. If so, that obviously will not happen until the car arrives at the OPC.

Am I being fobbed off?
White diesel Macan, Arrived early Dec 14
dereksharpuk

Post by dereksharpuk »

A thought occurred to me. I have them sometimes Wink

Given that Porsche deliver the cars with about a pint of fuel and odometer reading about 2 miles, I'm rather surprised by the comment from YorkshireDave. I wonder, Dave, if you are looking at the Panamera demo on your iPhone?
White diesel Macan, Arrived early Dec 14
YorkshireDave

Post by YorkshireDave »

Nope definitely my car which I have just taken delivery of. Apparently Colchester Porsche took it for an 11.4 mile test drive before delivering it to me today and they got it with 7 miles on it quote unquote. They only gave me the activation code yesterday after they had finished all prep work on it. However, they only paired my iphone with tge car an hour ago on delivery so was working fine without that part.